Compensation Range: $41,260.00 - $43,785.00
Schedule: There are three positions available: Weekends Friday-Monday 8am-6pm (four days ten hours) Second Shift Monday-Friday 2pm-10pm Third Shift Monday-Thursday 10pm-6am Friday 8pm-4am.
Henry Ford College (HFC) is a comprehensive public college located in Dearborn, Michigan that serves 19,042 students annually. Founded in 1938, it continues to be dedicated to preparing students for a rapidly changing world and workplace by offering more than 120 associate degrees, career and university transfer programs and a Bachelor Degree in Science in Culinary & Hospitality Studies.
Henry Ford College offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive benefits for full-time faculty, administrative, and staff positions. Please see collective bargaining agreements for details at https://www.hfcc.edu/human-resources.
Manager of Facilities Services
Direct the work of custodial staff at the College; responsible for leadership, supervision, and oversight for Facilities Custodial employees on assigned shift; responsible for year-round operation of assigned shift; support the mission of the college by providing professional custodial, housekeeping, and event setup and management. This position is under the direction of the Supervisor of Facilities Services.
1. Associate Degree
2. Previous experience in custodial/housekeeping supervision and team management.
3. Previous experience in the field of housekeeping services. Including the proper practices with associated equipment, chemicalsand supplies.
2. Responsible for bi-weekly payroll of all custodial employees on assigned shift including weekly payroll for third-party substitute employees.
3. Plan and assign in the training, as needed, for custodial employees, facilities leaders, in the use of email and SchoolDude; assign work orders using SchoolDude; prioritize and coordinate projects and maintenance requests to be completed by custodial crews.
4. Assess building needs and make recommendations to appropriate management.
5. Serve as point of contact and coordinator of custodial services in managing projects and events, as needed.
6. Responsible for tracking position vacancies and work with the Supervisor of Facilities Services in completing Personnel Requisition Forms; participate in the interviewing and recommending custodial and substitute custodial (and related classifications) employees.
7. Assist the Supervisor of Facilities Services and Facilities Department Secretary with event management and setups.
Management, Supervision, and Training
1. Plan and supervise custodial, and housekeeping employees in the successful completion of scheduled maintenance programs (i.e. floor refinishing, painting) and related projects, ensuring custodial employees follow procedures, and projects are completed in a timely manner without disruption of the educational process.
2. Supervise and track assignment of overtime, relief, and third-party employees as needed.
3. Ensure enforcement of employee compliance with college policies, procedures, and work rules. Distribute the Facilities employee handbook to new employees.
4. Work with the Supervisor of Facilities services in contributing to the development and improvement of standard operating procedures for custodial and housekeeping employees.
5. Coordinate with Facilities Engineer – Health and Safety to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
6. Coordinate with the Supervisor of Facilities Services in the management of keys and building access for all custodial and housekeeping staff.
7. Respond to and investigate instances of operational failure or inadequacy and take corrective action.
8. Provide job-skill and safety training and develop team-building for housekeeping staff.
9. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Facilities Services, and the Supervisor of Facilities Services.
For applicants viewing this ad from an external site, please go to https://hr.hfcc.edu/ and click the "Jobs" link to apply.
For further information about HFC, please visit us at www.hfcc.edu or on Facebook, https://www.hfcc.edu/facebook, Twitter, https://twitter.com/hfcc, LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/company/henry-ford-college.About this company Henry Ford College transforms lives and builds better futures by providing outstanding education in Dearborn, Michigan.