Friendship CSD is accepting applications for a qualified Assistant Principal. Interested candidates must have at least five years of teaching & leadership experience. Must have NYS Certification in School Building Leadership (SBL).
1. At least a Master’s degree from a recognized Institution.
2. A valid New York State certification as School Administrator/Supervisor.
3. At least five years experience in teaching or administration.
4. Demonstrated success in accomplishing the tasks listed below.
1. K-12 Principal.
2. Superintendent of Schools (for those District level responsibilities assigned by the Superintendent of Schools).
1. Assist the principal in creating an educational environment that promotes student success while fostering mutual respect.
2. To assist the Superintendent of Schools with those District level tasks and responsibilities assigned.
Performance responsibilities to include but not limited to the following:
1. Attends to all student infractions and resolves student discipline cases including Superintendent Hearings.
2. Holds conferences with students and parents as required to resolve assigned student discipline problems.
3. Works with counselors and the Student Support Team/SST to resolve student issues.
4. Facilities and oversee RTI meetings and process.
5. Coordinate with outside service providers and community resources as needed, Law enforcement, CPS, PINS, Family Court, Counseling Agencies, etc…
6. Identify and implement programs that will proactively deal with student needs.
7. Assist the K-12 Principal in evaluation and supervision of Teaching and non-teaching staff.
8. Assists the principal in development of the master schedule.
9. Assists the principal in budget preparation and in maintaining budget accounting for the building operation.
10. Schedules, plans, and conducts student assembly programs.
11. Assist the principal and staff in maintaining a safe and orderly educational environment. Assist in all required emergency drills.
12. Assist the principal with NYS 3-8 School test ordering, NYS Regents Exam ordering, designing proctor schedule, supervise and securing NYS testing materials and exams.
13. Assist in reviewing and upgrading technology resources for students, faculty and staff as needed.
14. Represents the principal during his/her absence.
15. Assists principal in planning and supervision of after-school and evening activities, including, but not limited to, detentions, sporting events, concerts, dances, plays, etc...
16. Attend Board of Education (BOE) meetings as required.
17. Assists in coordination and development of public information materials.
18. Performs such tasks and assumes such responsibilities as the principal may from time to time assign.
19. Assist in the completion of tasks required for the SED Monitoring and Vendor Performance System; such as: Title 1 School and Community Services, BEDS Data, Smart School Bond Act, Office of Early Learning, Ed Tech, Safe School and others as need arise.
20. Assist in the completion of requirement in the PD Data System and SP Indicators.
21. To work collaboratively and professionally with all stakeholders in our community. To promote a growth mindset in working with others.
22. Performs such tasks and assumes such responsibilities as the Superintendent of Schools may from time to time assign.
Terms of Employment: 12-month position.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with Board Policy on Evaluation of Professional Staff.