Apertus Partners is currently seeking a Network Architect. The Network Architect will have various responsibilities although the primary focus will be Cisco Switching, Routing and ASAs.
Having strong hands on experience and a solid understanding of network fundamentals is an absolute MUST for this role.
Strongly prefer hands on experience with the following:
- Cisco Platforms: 6500, Catalyst 3750x, 3850, ASA5500x.
- IP Multicast over MPLS, configuring and troubleshooting
- Strong experience with routing protocols BGP, EIGRP and OSPF
- Strong experience with Layer 2 and Cisco VSS
- SNMP, Netflow, sflow and other network monitoring protocols and methodologies
- Network data capture and analysis with tools such as Wireshark, etc.
- Experience working with network monitoring applications. (Solarwinds, Nagios, etc.)
- Documentation and working with MS Visio
Additionally, experience is also required in the following areas:
-Troubleshoot network related service issues including outages, anomalous behavior, and slow response class of problems.
-Configure network equipment and services.
-Produce network implementation and migration plans.
-Test and support network hardware/services in various stages of deployment.
-Audit and assess network for requirements and best practices.
-Assist in formulating network management strategies.
-Produce and review technical documentation.
-Provide recommendations to optimize network operation and performance.
-Work with internal as well as external technical teams during design, development, and implementation phases of various network-related initiatives.
-Candidates must be available for after-hours support as needed.
-Candidates should have a strong desire and aptitude to learn new technologies.
-Candidates must have an interest in obtaining a hands-on role.
-Experience with Intelligent Transportation Systems is not required but would be a plus.
-Candidates are expected to keep current with emerging security trends, issues and alerts.
- Candidates must possess the ability to communicate known security risks and solutions to leadership in order to mitigate risks to business and technology partners as needed.
- Candidates must possess the ability to identify, document, and recommend new or revised security processes, policies, and SOPs.
- Candidates are expected to participate in knowledge sharing with other security engineers and partners.
- Candidates are expected to interface with technical personnel from various disciplines to rapidly resolve critical security issues.
Apertus Partners is a Woman Owned Small Business, Professional Services firm headquartered in Northern VA and serving the continental US. With over two decades of industry staffing experience, we hit the ground running with our direct approach to finding success. From general concept through implementation and operational support, Apertus Partners traditional staffing services include Contract, Contract to Hire and Permanent placement to both Government and Commercial clients. At Apertus Partners, we take care of our consultants and clients. You are our business. Our goal is to develop strong relationships with our clients to understand and meet the needs of their unique environments. Our existence relies upon our qualification process which allows us to understand what our consultants' career aspirations and goals are in order to match them to the appropriate position. Our goal is to place our consultants in the right position in the shortest time, consistently, with quality.