Kent Corporation in Muscatine, Iowa is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Planner. This position will be responsible for planning, scheduling, procuring and communicating the needs of the business units to Contract Manufacturing (CMFG), external warehousing, suppliers, and other supply chain partners, to fulfill company goals and customer requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviews material requirement plans (MRP), communicates needs to CMFG partners, secures production capacity, and executes fulfillment plans for contract manufactured items.
• Review of inventory set points, seasonality, lead times and supplier capacity to achieve inventory goals.
• Manages the day-to-day performance and relationship of a group of contract manufactures to support operations.
• Expedites orders to mitigate customer impacts and communicates potential impacts to sales/customer service teams.
• Works with suppliers to monitor and improve supplier performance; measures the performance of the supplier and defines corrective actions; may negotiate with suppliers to resolve short-term performance problems.
• Drives continuous improvement in terms of performance with the supply base.
• Coordinates and executes the logistics requirements for the supplier concerning containers, packaging, methods and parameters; arranges agreements with the supplier on appropriate logistics processes before the start of production.
• May assist in negotiations by developing or compiling statistical information and other data as required.
• Resolves and eliminates shipping and receiving problems to ensure prompt and accurate payments to suppliers.
• Establish root cause and troubleshoot existing forecast and capacity process related issues.
• Ability to translate a strategic initiative into a plan to meet the needs of the company.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Supply Chain Management, Economics or related discipline, or at least 3 years Purchasing, Supply Chain, Planning or related business experience
• Ability to write and interpret business reports, documents and information
• Detail oriented with analytical skills and demonstrated strong organizational skills
• Effective communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate strong collaboration and partnering skills, with customer service orientation
• 3+ years' experience using MS Office software including Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX or other ERP system
• Excel skills: demonstrated ability to create formulas, charts, graphs, pivot tables
• Experience using Microsoft Power BI, Jet Reports, or other reporting tools.
TRAVEL: Travel, as required, up to 20% of the time