Apertus Partners is seeking a candidate to assist with Desktop / Tech Support.
We have a Great Opportunity for a contractor role in its US office in Charlotte, NC for a Field Network Support Technician. This position in our Digital Services Organization will assist with remote network setups, configurations, and support while maintaining strict PCI standards for retail operations. The incumbent will interface with Compass' Cyber Security and Technology Deliver teams, Internet Service Providers, POS vendors, and business.
- Support delivery and configuration of retail in-unit Internet connectivity and associated networked hardware within remote field operations.
- Responsible for providing remote in-unit network support which may include troubleshooting and resolving issues related to WAN/LAN/ISP connectivity, enterprise and/or local wireless solutions, local firewall, and VPN configurations.
- Validate and support PCI Compliant Network designs in a variety of enterprise operations
- Assist with review, design, and troubleshooting, of network security configurations on remote in-unit network equipment supporting new and existing implementations.
- Work close with various internal in-unit support teams as well as 3rd party vendors, and technicians to install business-class internet services and provide technical support to resolve a variety of network issues within operations
- Work closely with security, and operational implementation teams to assure security controls are implemented successfully, monitored, and in accordance with current security policies.
- Execute remediation and response mechanisms to address audit recommendations and observations
- Provide excellent customer service to our in-unit managers and customers both internal and external
- Participate in Support On-call rotation with team members to provide operational support after hours.
- 5+ years' experience with remote problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, and issue resolution of software and hardware configuration problems in a LAN/WAN environment.
- 5+ years of networking experience, with extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS,
- CCNA certification required; significant related experience may be considered in lieu of certification
- Must have a working knowledge of PCI DSS standards and design considerations for network connectivity in a retail environment
- Knowledge of VPN Technologies, Internet connectivity options, and other remote connectivity methods/tools.
- Working experience with Cisco network hardware required. Experience with Cloud Managed network systems such as Cisco-Meraki preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working rapport with users, vendors and network engineering staff in a dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Track record and uncompromising commitment to providing excellent customer service and value to our business at all touchpoints
Apertus Partners is a Woman Owned Small Business, Professional Services firm headquartered in Northern VA and serving the continental US. With over two decades of industry staffing experience, we hit the ground running with our direct approach to finding success. From general concept through implementation and operational support, Apertus Partners traditional staffing services include Contract, Contract to Hire and Permanent placement to both Government and Commercial clients. At Apertus Partners, we take care of our consultants and clients. You are our business. Our goal is to develop strong relationships with our clients to understand and meet the needs of their unique environments. Our existence relies upon our qualification process which allows us to understand what our consultants' career aspirations and goals are in order to match them to the appropriate position. Our goal is to place our consultants in the right position in the shortest time, consistently, with quality.