This individual will be a member of the project team who takes responsibility for implementing parts of the system architecture using best practices. This will include coding, unit testing, using design patterns, learning new technologies, and becoming an expert in one part of the system. The candidate will also be expected to provide technical leadership and architectural support.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have good interpersonal skills, as well as good client interaction skills.
• Responsible for supporting the definition, development and maintenance of the mobile and web architecture
• Work in an Agile methodology, supporting the various project teams developing and maintaining the program
• Ability to lead a small team of 3-5 individuals.
• Demonstrates ability to work with system owners, business owners, technical teams, and functional teams to design, implement, test, and validate a system.
• Meet with business and system owners to understand and document desired system requirements.
• Work with business users to gather requirements, write functional and technical specifications.
• Design and develop new code and/or support operations, maintenance, and enhancements of existing code.
• Develop conceptual and technical design including use of OOA and OOD techniques.
• Conduct multiple levels of testing including unit, system, integration and performance.
• Effectively model organization business processes and integrate them with existing Enterprise systems and capabilities.
• Estimate and plan iterative / agile releases
• Mentor junior team members
Requirements & Experience Guidelines:
• Ability to work with key owners and stakeholders to document requirements
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Minimum 5 years in system integration and development and package implementations
• Minimum 2 years design and development with for a mobile solution
• Experience with core Java packages such as Spring and Hibernate strongly desired.
• Experience with responsive web designs, custom mobile development (e.g. iOS, Android) and 3rd party mobile development tools (e.g. PhoneGap) is highly desired
• Demonstrates ability to do technical design and development using Java (JDK 1.5 or above) technologies including JSP and Servlets
• Is able to use integrated development environments (IDE) such as Eclipse , Java Compilers, and build tools like Ant or Maven to develop and troubleshoot issues
• Familiar with SQL and / or experience with database technologies such as Oracle
• Solid understanding of all parts of Software Engineering (e.g. Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing) and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Experience working in agile or iterative SDLCs
• Experience with Object Oriented Technologies.
• Proven leadership skills to independently manage a track of work with 3 - 5 people, during various phases of the project lifecycle.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
• Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
• Bachelor’s Degree required from college or University
Apertus Partners is a Woman Owned Small Business, Professional Services firm headquartered in Northern VA and serving the continental US. With over two decades of industry staffing experience, we hit the ground running with our direct approach to finding success. From general concept through implementation and operational support, Apertus Partners traditional staffing services include Contract, Contract to Hire and Permanent placement to both Government and Commercial clients. At Apertus Partners, we take care of our consultants and clients. You are our business. Our goal is to develop strong relationships with our clients to understand and meet the needs of their unique environments. Our existence relies upon our qualification process which allows us to understand what our consultants' career aspirations and goals are in order to match them to the appropriate position. Our goal is to place our consultants in the right position in the shortest time, consistently, with quality.