Location: Sedalia, MO and surrounding Pettis County Area
We are looking for full-time CDL Drivers. Must have a CDL license with passenger endorsement. This is a 4-day work week.
Primary responsibility includes - during the school year driving Head Start routes with pre-school children, and during the summer driving other general public routes.
Join a team that is making a difference in your community! New higher rate of pay...
If you like to help people and have a safe driving record, then we have the career for you.
At OATS Transit, you are not just a driver- you are family to our riders!
Do you think of yourself as safe, caring & reliable? If so, then fill out an application today and start your new career with us.
As an OATS Transit driver you will:
- Treat riders with respect, dignity and courtesy; drivers are required to assist all riders on and off the bus.
- Safely secure wheelchairs and other mobility devices and follow all applicable procedures.
- Be responsible for the excellent condition and cleanliness of an assigned OATS vehicle and equipment.
- Conduct pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections, and report issues for repairs.
- Utilize in-vehicle tablet to receive trip information, updates and validate pick-up and drop-off times.
- Complete required paperwork and submit to regional office in timely manner.
- Attend routine paid training.
- Comply with federal/state/company rules and regulations.
- Must be a minimum of 25 years of age.
- CDL license with passenger endorsement is required with no more than 4 points assessed for this position.
- Must be able to pass a U.S. DOT physical and road test.
- Must take and pass drug screening, and undergo random drug/alcohol testing.
- Must be bondable
- Every driver is required to use a computer tablet in their vehicle, so computer experience a plus.
- Have a proactive, helpful, can-do attitude with the flexibility to adjust to different schedules and routes.
- Neat, organized, able to work independently.
- This is an active job that requires many physical demands including sitting, walking, bending, reaching, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying. Must be able to lift and carry packages up to 50 pounds.
OATS Transit offers a variety of benefits to their employees:
- Benefit Allowance
- Health Insurance- after 6 months
- 403(b) Tax-Deferred Annuity Plan (available to enroll from 1st day of work)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan- Section 125
- AFLAC Insurance Plans
- Paid Holidays-even during your probationary period
- Personal Days
- Safety Bonus and Recognition Program
- Uniform Shirts Provided