Our drivers enjoy a great balance between work and life, as well as competitive compensation. As a professional truck driver with Smithfield Foods, you are assigned late model Freightliner tractors to pull 53’ reefer trailers and are dispatched to our plants, company distribution centers, and customer distribution centers. Safe driving, customer service, and effective decision making is the key to success in this position.
We offer competitive pay and smart benefits that fit your way of life.
- Earning potential up to $80,000 annually
- Work week that meets your schedule
- Anticipated home time is 2 days off per week
- $30 pay per stop after the first stop
- Paid detention rate
- Driver's in this fleet average 2,300 miles per week
- No touch freight and no backhauling through outside customers
- Less then 5% of shipments have extra stops
- No travel to New York, New England or the western states
- Full serviced leased equipment
- No slip seating
- Option to enroll in our 401K plan
- Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision Benefits offered
- Paid Days Off