Performs a wide variety of maintenance functions to maintain the functionality of production equipment and general building maintenance. Performs preventive maintenance tasks to prevent equipment failures and takes corrective actions to repair equipment and return to service while minimizing machine down time.
· Performs preventive, scheduled and corrective repairs on equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
· Create or enhance current preventative maintenance for equipment
· Develop and maintain spare parts list for equipment
· Assists production workers in diagnosing malfunctions in systems and equipment. Tests equipment after repairs, changeovers, or extended downtime
· Assists in executing equipment installation. Assists in troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatic, plumbing and PLC Software problems.
· Operates general machinery and tools including saws, drills, power tools, scissor lifts, forklifts, etc.
· Interacts with and maintains records on PMs and job assignments
· Communicates via email
· Maintains clean, organized, and safe work area
· Confers with and coordinates activities with operations personnel and other departments to minimize disruptions to production and maintenance schedules.
· Work on layouts to identify and confirm locations of air and power for equipment
· Determine power and air needs and costs to complete internally or contact vendors for best price.
· Work with customer point of contacts to coordinate equipment moves
· Escorts contractors while in the facility on scheduled visits.
· Performs other duties as assigned or required
· Operation improvements by enhancing current processes
· Assist in quoting process
· Be a part of fixture builds and/or lead fixture build by coordinating work with contractors and internal departments
· Associates or higher degree with a focus in the Mechanical, or equivalent experience in lieu of education may be considered. A minimum of five years’ experience.
· Previous experience with Maintenance Repair Ops
· Ability to safely use various tools, equipment, and personal protective equipment
· Able to perform maintenance trades including electrical, machinist, welding, and fabrication
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and must also adapt to frequent changes that occur on the production line
· Forklift experience a plus
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
PPE: Protective equipment is available and will be required to be worn as the situation dictates.
While performing the duties of this position, employee will be required to stand, walk, and sit repeatedly throughout the workday. Frequent use of a computer may be required to generate reports, monitor, and verify and information.
While performing the duties of this position, the use of a computer is required for communications and writing reports/correspondence. Normal lifting of up to 50 pounds is possible. Mobility is necessary in order to perform assigned functions. Noise level is low to moderate as the work area is a production environment. Position requires working the necessary number of hours needed to complete all position-related tasks or assignments in a timely manner.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without