Applications accepted until filled.
$24.92-37.38. hour. Depending on qualifications
Patrol Deputy - POST Certification
Conduct crime prevention and investigation activities; and/or provide care, custody, movement, and control of inmates; and/or provide security to courts; and/or respond to major emergencies.
(These duties are a representative sample; position assignments and detailed work instructions may vary.)
1. Receives instructions through the CLETA program and successfully completes this Academy.
2. Passes the P.O.S.T. required background check.
3. Passes the state of Colorado P.O.S.T. certification examination.
1. Develops working knowledge of Garfield County Sheriff’s Office Policy and Procedures.
2. Prepares, presents and maintains reports and records as required.
3. Participates in required training.
4. Drives vehicle to perform one or more essential functions.
5. Performs other duties of a similar or related level as necessary or assigned.
If assigned to Patrol:
Under close supervision, learns and performs the following essential functions:
1. Enforces Garfield County resolutions, state and Federal statutes and traffic laws.
2. Responds to calls for assistance, complaints, suspicious activity, domestic disputes, disruptive behavior and emergency situations; takes charge of situations and takes whatever legal or persuasive actions are warranted; makes arrests.
3. Investigates criminal and non-criminal cases.
4. Prepares and executes arrest and search warrants.
5. Prepares cases and testifies in court.
6. Participates in search and rescue efforts.
7. Assists in crime scene investigation follow-up and processing.
$22.43-$33.65 Depending on qualifications