Pacific Ethanol is hiring for Instrument Electrician. Build your career with Pacific Ethanol! Earn a competitive salary, benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401k with a company dollar-for-dollar match up to 6%, a Wellness program, a stipend for fitness center expenses, a generous paid time off (PTO) program, and service awards for career longevity.
Environment: Pacific Ethanol is the leading producer and marketer of low-carbon renewable fuels and high-quality alcohol products in the United States. Pacific Ethanol owns and operates seven production facilities, four in the Western states of California, Oregon and Idaho, and three in the Midwestern state of Illinois. Ethanol is an integral part of the country's transportation fuel market, currently representing nearly 10% of the overall gasoline supply in the United States. Pacific Ethanol is actively exploring cutting-edge cellulosic technology and alternative grain stocks that lower the carbon footprint and increase manufacturing efficiencies. With the implementation of Low Carbon Fuel Standard regulations, we are poised to meet the increasing demand as the US looks for new, cleaner fuel sources. Our Pekin campus produces products destined for Health, Food and Beverage and Industrial markets. All personnel are responsible for the safety of these products which includes participation in training, following cGMP and food safety requirements in the facility, and reviewing and following SOPs for incoming ingredients and outgoing products. Job Purpose: To provide electrical plant maintenance to the facility and all process equipment to ensure continued ethanol production.
The following is a list of major duties and responsibilities for this position along with certain supportive duties. It is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be added as needed and in addition; and, management may modify this job description as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Experience and knowledge in the installation, troubleshooting, calibration, and repair of the following systems and equipment:
· Industrial power generation and distribution equipment, low medium voltage
· Maintenance of transformers, circuit breakers, and protective relays
· Motors and motor control circuits - Variable frequency drives
· Boiler and burner controls
· Pneumatic and electronic process instrumentation; flows, pressure and temperature measurement, pneumatic relays
· Control systems and PLC programming and troubleshooting
· Electronic and pneumatic control valves
· Vibration and thermographic image analysis
· Responsible for electrical, wiring maintenance and repair decisions affecting equipment for plant operations.
· Maintains the mechanical and electrical functioning of pumps, valves, conveying systems, air compressors and such.
· Receives wiring diagrams, specifications and instructions from supervisor covering emergency and scheduled repairs, installation, and electrical inspection work to be performed.
· Analyzes circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service or replace electronic devices and systems.
· Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment. Starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
· Services electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards, and similar electronic devices. · Fabricates parts if not commercially available, using machine and hand tools common to the trade.
· Determines need for, analyzes, and makes necessary running adjustments, repairs and overhauls.
· Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment noted and corrective actions to take.
· Ensure a safe, healthy work environment by following all safety, health and environmental policies, procedures and regulations per the Company’s IIPP, job safe practices and other related programs.
· Performs a variety of electrical, mechanical repairs, maintenance, and other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 4 year apprenticeship program or equivalent experience
Minimum prior and type of experience
· Instrument / Electrician Journeyman or equivalent
· Manufacturing plant maintenance and repair experience preferred
· Excellent organizational skills
· Detailed oriented and multi-tasking is a must
· Able to work in a team environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Self-motivated, needing minimal supervision
· Able to walk, stand and move around the plant facility freely.
· Able to climb stairs and ladders to check equipment and gauges and to work on equipment.
· Able to use hands to handle, feel objects; use tools, work with controls and gauges; must be able to reach.
· Able to kneel, crouch, stoop, crawl around equipment to do work.
· Able to hear equipment and determine problems.
· Work in hot and cold weather conditions.
· Sit at a desk for part of the day to write reports.
· Must have good vision and be able to see clearly in close and distant situations; and distinguish colors.
· Able to communicate with others by phone and in person, in noisy conditions.
· Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds alone.