OCCU is looking for an experienced Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Program Administrator to join our high performing team. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a growing credit union focused on making a positive impact on our members, our employees and our community. If you feel as though your experience is in alignment and would like to be part of a local credit union focused on giving back, consider applying today!
Working independently and collaboratively with others within the Human Resources (HR) team, the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Program Administrator plays an integral role in executing OCCU's DEI philosophies, initiatives and strategies internally for the growth and development of our valued employees and externally for the benefit of our members and community. The DEI Program Administrator's responsibilities will focus on initiatives, efforts and programs delivered across and through OCCU's multiple platforms and channels, including the DEI Task Force, in support of OCCU's DEI strategy and plan. This position shares responsibility with the HR team for encouraging a dynamic, high functioning, engaging work environment that fosters a safe and inclusive work culture.
Business partnership will include assessing the current state of DEI initiatives, outlining appropriate metrics against which progress will be measured, identifying DEI best practices and opportunities for innovation, recommending effective DEI programs and solutions and executing results-driven DEI strategies. Measurement and communication of results against committed DEI actions will be critical to ensure meaningful progress toward DEI and business goals.
The DEI Program Administrator must demonstrate an ability to assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management when issues or concerns arise, make tradeoffs and balance the business needs while implementing DEI programs. This position is responsible for designing and delivering innovative DEI programs, including leading OCCU's DEI Task Force, earning trust with team members and employees and exhibiting the ability to translate DEI best practices and research into action with tangible and measurable results.
As a not-for-profit financial institution, we strive to provide remarkable value and unparalleled personal guidance with every interaction. We focus on member service, community involvement and providing value to our more than 165,000 members with every decision we make. In exchange for high levels of work performance, dedication and innovative thinking, we are committed to providing our employees with a challenging, fun, open and engaging work environment that motivates them to stay with us over the long haul. Benefits include a robust 401(k) program with employer match after 6 months; medical, vision and dental coverage that starts the month after hire; life insurance and much more.
Location: Eugene, OR
Beginning Base Salary Range: $31.30 - $39.13 per hour
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits. These duties are a representative example of position expectations. Actual duties assigned may vary and change depending on the business needs of the department, the DEI Task Force and OCCU.
- Lead OCCU's Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Task Force as the Task Force Chair with responsibility for reporting on the status of programs, initiatives and progress as it relates to the work of the Task Force. Utilizing the work of the Task Force and in partnership with the VP of HR, develop, recommend and present DEI related programs to Senior Leadership designed to move OCCU's DEI efforts forward.
- Contribute ideas and recommendations designed to help OCCU create and maintain a diverse, respectful, equitable, inclusive and professional team dynamic that fosters high employee engagement, coupled with a culture of patience and tolerance, acceptance of others and accountability for behaviors and results. Identify and implement personnel-related DEI initiatives designed to value, reward and recognize individual and team contributions at all levels. Work collaboratively with the HR team and Leadership to develop DEI recruitment, hiring and onboarding and performance management initiatives designed to foster diversity in our workforce across the various dimensions of social and cultural identity, facilitate inclusivity in how employees and teams work together and inform, develop and implement DEI programs with both internal and external focuses. Identify and recommend innovative solutions to broaden OCCU's DEI portfolio and drive measurable business results. Think big to identify the root causes of problems through an expanded, holistic view and long-term perspective. Translate emerging DEI themes and best practices into clear action plans, deliverables and readily consumable resources and programs aligned to OCCU business needs. Track measures of success, manage and mitigate risk, communicate progress and milestones to stakeholders and enlist the support of others through a shared vision.
- Create, maintain and disseminate resources in a variety of formats across all levels of the organization. Participate in coordinating the exchange of information within the HR team, the DEI Task Force and Senior Leadership as necessary to facilitate clear and transparent communication. Prepare and provide reports, correspondence and presentations for management, employees and the Board of Directors.
- Earn trust across a range of organizational levels, departments and disciplines to establish yourself, the HR team and the DEI Task Force as trusted Subject-Matter Advisors. Connect and inspire people to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities. Facilitate cross functional collaboration and communication across relevant OCCU departments and teams to ensure effective, efficient and broad scope implementation of identified DEI initiatives. Work closely with key business partners including the Learning and Development team to develop and implement ongoing training and development DEI programs, the Brand & Experience team to ensure marketing campaigns align with DEI goals and strategic objectives and the Communications team to consistently share results, initiatives, as well as to form sustainable ties with community leaders to further expand DEI objectives.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion frequently and consistently in matters of significance and in the execution of strategic initiatives. Responsibly balance business needs, member needs and the impact on other departments when making decisions or recommendations while actively demonstrating accountability for achieving desired outcomes and measurable results.
- Communicate in a professional, respectful and courteous manner with all employees, members, the Board of Directors and others with whom we may work. Contribute to a successful work group and foster a team-oriented culture through positive interactions, active listening, meaningful collaborations and the constructive exchange of ideas designed to meet or exceed the organization's strategic goals.
- Provide exceptional and measurable service to internal and external members with timely and accurate responses to their inquiries and concerns. Exercise tact, courtesy and diplomacy when interacting with others. Respond to all inquiries for information respectfully without regard to the inquirer's position, status, or demographic and in a manner that conveys understanding, acceptance and support for OCCU programs and objectives.
- Complete designated job tasks, special projects and all other duties as assigned to meet team, department, DEI Task Force and OCCU goals while actively demonstrating accountability, high levels of employee engagement and responsibility for achieving desired outcomes and measurable results.
- Authenticity - Gain other people's trust by demonstrating openness and honesty, behaving consistently, and acting in accordance with moral, ethical, professional and organizational guidelines. Key actions include openly disclosing information about oneself, staying true to self in accordance with one's own values, standards and beliefs and acting with integrity.
- Collaborating - Work cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals. Key actions include contributing to goal accomplishment, asking for help and encouraging involvement, informing others on the team and modeling commitment.
- Communication - Convey information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message. Listen actively to others. Key actions include organizing the communication, maintaining attention, adjusting to the listener, ensuring understanding, listening actively and conveying a professional presence.
- Continuous learning - Actively identify new areas for learning; regularly create and take advantage of learning opportunities. Use newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application. Key actions include targeting learning needs, seeking learning opportunities, maximizing learning, applying knowledge or skill and taking risks in learning.
- Technical/professional knowledge and skills - Have achieved a satisfactory level of technical, functional and/or professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; leverage expert knowledge to accomplish results. Key actions include understanding technical terminology and developments, knowing how to apply a technical skill or procedure, knowing when to apply a technical skill or procedure and performing complex tasks in area of expertise.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred Qualifications for the Position include:
- At least five years of experience designing and delivering DEI programs specifically, including talent and culture programs, coupled with general experience developing and implementing effective learning resources and services across diverse learning platforms.
- Experience successfully and effectively executing complex and multi-stage projects for cross-functional audiences, especially with competing resources, timelines and priorities.
- Experience successfully and effectively leading or chairing a committee or designated group while achieving anticipated deliverables within designated budgetary guidelines and designated timelines.
- Experience partnering with HR, leadership and cross functional teams to build effective and sustainable HR or talent programs and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to influence team members, stakeholders and decision makers without direct authority, think proactively and function both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrated ease and a high level of comfort using data-driven decision making and the ability to provide intellectually sound and well-reasoned answers, recommendations and solutions to identified business problems, issues and/or questions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, process, calibrate and accurately record extensive amounts of data (some of which is technical or complex in nature) and other information that serves as the basis for this position.
- Proven ability to develop quick turn-around and practical recommendations based on data and research to inform strategic decisions in a fast-moving environment.
- Proven ability to work well across functional teams while maintaining high quality standards, completing a large volume of work within short time frames / designated timelines and balancing other priorities and work demands.
- Naturally self-motivated, confident individual with ability to work independently and/or with limited direction, as well as cooperatively in a team environment, while consistently demonstrating collaborative, respectful and productive work habits.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills and the ability to think strategically and programmatically to achieve desired outcomes.
- Well-reasoned decision-making skills with a high attention to detail in actual work product, organization, planning, workflow and project prioritization to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate complex information in an approachable manner clearly and effectively with internal and external members, the Board of Directors and other diverse audiences while providing outstanding service. Demonstrated ability and competency to communicate clearly and concisely in both individual and group presentation settings.
- High EQ / strong interpersonal skills necessary to develop, establish and maintain effective, professional, collaborative and collegial working relationships with employees, members and others with whom we may work.
- Strong organizational skills necessary for managing heavy workloads and multiple tasks, creating documentation, record keeping and maintaining accurate OCCU records.
Bachelor's degree required and/or proven track record of driving measurable business outcomes through DEI solutions. Master's degree / MBA preferred.
An equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position will be considered in lieu of the outlined requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment and other business tools and materials.
- Use and operate a personal computer, office equipment and other technology devices frequently and consistently throughout each day with a high degree of skill, accuracy and independent judgment for the purpose of reviewing, analyzing, creating, transmitting and presenting documents, data and other business-related information.
- Move to, from and within our building and across company-related property site locations, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Correspond, communicate and exchange information with other employees, members and other third parties with whom we work in-person, via telephone, virtually or by other electronic means using available technology during meetings, presentations and other situations in which business information may be shared, discussed or exchanged.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style and steady work focus to ensure reactions and responses to both emergency and non-emergency situations, stress, ambiguity, frustration, disappointment and disagreements serve as an example to others of appropriate workplace communications while contributing to a strong, harmonious team dynamic.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 25 lbs. occasionally in the performance of regular duties.
- Remain alert and able to observe surrounding areas and conditions at all times to identify, recognize and respond to potential obstacles, safety concerns, hazards, threats, property conditions requiring attention, unauthorized and/or dangerous persons and emergencies.
Work Environment: Office-related work is primarily conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting (including fluorescent lighting), as well as shared office spaces and facilities that result in consistent and frequent noise (moderate and often louder than ambient noise), conversations among employees and/or members, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Friday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice. Due to (a) the nature and scope of the essential functions, (b) the importance of personal interactions between this position, employees, members and other members of the public and (c) the availability of job-related tools, equipment and resources at work, performance of the essential functions requires a combination of regular, consistent availability, accessibility and presence on-site.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employerrecblid rc4yu5oe120cu6up3d1ljov1v67tyl