The Operations Team Lead is responsible for servicing multiple customer accounts by receiving, stocking, or pulling orders according to request as well as directing workflow of the employees within the account.
GEODIS is one of the world’s largest leading Supply Chain Operators! At GEODIS, we create with you an infinite number of career opportunities. As a GEODIAN, you will work hands-on with products from hundreds of customers in different industries – retail, healthcare, technology and more - all within our warehouse distribution centers, located globally.
No matter what position you’re in, you will find yourself contributing to the development and success of your career and our customers.
- Tracks employee hours in account to provide feedback
- Directs team of employees for one or more accounts in warehouse
- Coordinates with CSR and Operations Supervisor to determine shipping schedules, labor requirements for rework projects, and cycle counts
- Unloads and moves inbound freight product to storage locations safely and efficiently
- Pulls and prepares product for shipment, ensuring the exact number and type of product is loaded
- Performs picking duties in an efficient manner that meets both customer and company standards
- Efficiently moves and loads product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers
- Ships, receives, loads, unloads, moves, stacks and stages products and materials using a fork lift, clamp truck, electric or manual pallet jack, or other power equipment
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner following defined work methods and procedures
- Assists supervisory personnel in overseeing activities in one or more accounts
- Assists in training Operators
- Maintains the equipment in a neat, clean and orderly fashion
- Participates in rework and repack of product as needed or requested by customer
- Assists in maintaining the security of the warehouses by conducting operations in a manner which promotes safety of employees and security of customer's products
- Assists in performing physical inventories and proper stock rotation
- Performs double checking and cycle counts according to ISO 9001 procedures
- Informs supervisor of any unsafe or hazardous working conditions
- Other duties as required and assigned
- For food accounts, incumbent is responsible to report food safety problems to senior management to initiate action
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalent
- 2 to 4 years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with warehouse equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Synapse training preferred
- Ability to read and interpret simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position will be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
Join us as we logistic your CAREER growth!
1]The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
2}Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered “Essential Functions” and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform “Essential Functions” of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the “Essential Functions”.
GEODIS is a Supply Chain Operator ranking among the top companies in its field in Europe and the World. GEODIS, which is part of SNCF Logistics, which in turn is a business line of the SNCF Group, is the number one Transport and Logistics operator in France and ranked number four in Europe. The international reach includes a direct presence in 67 countries and a global network spanning over 120 countries. With its five Lines of Business (Supply Chain Optimization, Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, Distribution & Express and Road Transport), GEODIS manages its customers Supply Chain by providing end-to-end solutions enabled by our people, our infrastructure, processes and systems.