AFSPA is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
A Cover Letter and Resume are required for consideration. Resumes submissions without a cover letter included will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
Please click on the link below or cut and paste the URL into your web browser to apply directly to AFSPA.
Compensation for this position is in the $73k range to $83k range depending on qualifications and experience.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Operations, the Manager of Strategic Engagement leads all strategic planning efforts for the organization and ensures alignment of all AFSPA products and services to organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Act as internal process lead for organization-wide strategic planning at AFSPA, cultivating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work with Senior Management Team and other key staff on adoption and implementation of plan, incorporating ongoing feedback from team.
- Develop, launch and manage process for employee working groups. Working groups (staff committees) will be responsible for creating strategies and tactics, meeting regularly to track committee progress and implement initiatives meant to accomplish AFSPA’s Key Performance Area (KPA) goals.
- Create and coordinate vetting process for the development and approval of new AFSPA products and services to ensure alignment with organizational strategic plan.
- Coordinate and participate in Sr. Management tactical meetings to include capturing meeting minutes and ensuring timely follow up on all action items.
- Engage with AFSPA partners and external stakeholders to move strategic initiatives forward.
- Coordinate with staff across the organization to secure buy-in and participation from all levels throughout implementation and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Development, Business Administration, Management or another related field
- 3+ years of project management and strategy development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership skills with demonstrated ability to both lead and support team projects
- Strong ability to quickly build trust with individuals and groups, internally and externally and comfortability managing up and across the organization
- Ability and desire to learn and implement new best practices, theories and approaches