The Multimedia Designer/Programmer will support the ETT Section by assuming the completed and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) approved story boards from Instructional Designer and convert them into online multimedia format according to the agreed specifications to be posted on the NATO Learning Management System (LMS). The individual will be responsible for providing a modern streamlined approach to multimedia online learning design with emphasis in web-based delivery of on-line supported courses as well as skills in SCORM and xAPI compliance and programming of LMS systems.
- Support the TT section by assuming the completed and SME approved story boards from Instructional Designer and convert them into online multimedia format according to the agreed specifications to be posted on the NATO Learning Management System.
- The incumbent will have the responsibility for converting and archiving all storyboards received from Instructional Designer into a standard NATO template, pertaining to the e-Learning courses under development.
- Designs and coordinates course features, interactions, navigational tools, and content with instructional designer and TT Section Head. Supports the conversion of traditional classroom training and educational material or new storyboards into instructionally sound, interactive, web-based training.
- Ensures all developed work is in compliance with NATO standards and requirements and security policies and procedures.
- Designs and builds web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques and tools.
- Designs and develops user interface features, site animation and special effects elements.
- Uses animation, audio, video, and other creative techniques to develop interactive training systems.
- Develops innovative user involvement techniques to enhance information transfer.
- Researches and incorporates text, audio, video data drawn from a wide range of sources in support of this effort.
- Reviews and edits all content for consistency in style, language, and reusable content.
- Participates in meetings with the MS/TT staff to discuss products, site maintenance, future planning, modifications and enhancements.
- Advises on latest technical advances in online e-Learning technology.
- Provide MMD support and quality assurance to outside course providers as required by the Section Head Training Technology
- Supports training on Multimedia System Design at the e-Learning Design and Development NATO course.
- A Bachelor's (BS/BA) Degree in computer science or graphic design or minimum of five years of vocational training in computer science multimedia or related subjects in the educational domain.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience (within the last 5 years) working in web based multimedia development for online courses and usage.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience (within the last 5 years) using graphical development tools providing examples of work/projects created
- A minimum of 3 years' experience (within the last 5 years) using Learning Management Systems and Troubleshooting SCORM compliant issues.
- Experience in the SCORM standard and subsequent programming and creation of SCORM compliant courses.
- Experience working with SCORM standard and the demonstrated ability to design to its structure.
- Demonstrate (example screen shots (max 4 per course) from three (3) courses that have been developed by the multimedia systems designer.
- Fluent in English (Written and Oral).
- NATO Secret-Level Security clearance or Active SECRET security clearance issued by a national authority.