Leading consumer home and office plastics products manufacturer is seeking an Accounts Payable and an Accounts Receivable Bookkeeper interested in working in the Accounting Department in Surprise, AZ.
A/P Bookkeeper Essential Duties:
- This position will reconcile all vendor invoices with the proper documentation required to issue payments timely.
- The bookkeeper is responsible for accurate coding of all invoices, so that the financial statements accurately reflect the position of the company.
- Authenticate all invoices for accuracy, P.O. receipt and approval within the company approval guidelines. This includes all misc. receipts along with temp. bills and utilities.
- Match and process all raw material vendor invoices ensuring proper inventory receipt and correct pricing against the purchase order.
- Maintaining accurate and timely data entry into the payable and miscellaneous payable system.
- Interfaces with vendor accounts receivable departments, receiving department, purchasing department.
A/R Bookkeeper Essential Duties:
- Responsible for receiving and correctly applying payments of customer accounts receivable.
- Reconciling of customer payments, accruals, and the collection of all monies owed to the company, including settling of payment disputes with the customer.
- Maintain account reconciliation for customers with accruals.
- Reconcile account allowance audits when received by customer; Review and approve account Credit Flags.
- Process Credit Card Payments.
- Investigate all payment discrepancies.
- Notify and provide documentation to Vendor Compliance of all fine deductions/repayments. Notify the customer, with supporting documentation for all other unauthorized deductions.
- Represent the company to collect all past due invoices and amounts resulting from unauthorized deductions.
Job Requirements & Specifications
- Associate degree in Accounting a plus.
- Minimum 3 years experience in accounting required preferably at least 2 in a small to mid size manufacturing company.
- Previous experience in the area of General Ledger Account coding required
- Excellent numerical, Microsoft Office and technical skills required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel at a basic level including formulas and formatting.