Swish Data Corporation (Swish) is seeking an IT Delivery Project Manager. The successful candidate will manage delivery projects (involving technology, labor, and deliverables) for the federal government across a wide variety of cutting-edge IT domains. The position reports to Swish's Chief Technology Officer and will work closely with our Engineering leadership. This role has responsibility for contract management, financial management, and subcontractor management along with the traditional execution goals of delivering on spec. (quality), on time, on budget, and within acceptable risk.
Successful candidates will be detail-oriented and have excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills. Candidates will have a working knowledge of the federal procurement process (Open Market, BPAs, IDIQs, GWACs, RFPs, RFQs, Awards) and its various roles and responsibilities (Prime, Contracting Officer, COR, Government PM). Candidates will also understand the technology-provider side of the bid process (Proposals, CLINs, BOMs, Quotes) and its various roles and responsibilities (OEMs, Distributors, Resellers, Professional Services). Post-award, the candidate will be responsible for successfully managing combined technology + services implementations (installing, configuring, tailoring, integrating, customizing), through formal, but not large-scale, project management techniques.
Project work shall be performed across the Washington, DC metropolitan area (initially heavily focused in Springfield, VA) and managed from Swish's headquarters location in Tysons Corner, VA with periodic site visits as the projects dictate. Travel is not required for this position.
A DHS EOD or DOD Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Instantiate each project in Swish's project management system
- Create project management artifacts and mature PMO capabilities
- Create and manage subcontracts for teammates
- Hold and lead project kickoff meetings with customers
- Schedule tasks to ensure alignment of customers, teammates, and arrival of materials
- Manage work performed and deliverables, and hold team accountable for quality
- Report on project progress, risks, forecasted efforts, and, if necessary, remediations
- Manage requirements, schedule, budget, and risk
- Manage invoicing from teammates and billing to customer
- Manage contract modifications, option executions, extensions, and additions
- Manage project close-outs with both customers and teammates
- Write up project past performance and ensure good reference from customer
- Execution completeness of contract requirements
- Execution quality of contract requirements
- On-time delivery of contract requirements
- On-budget delivery of contract requirements
- Customer satisfaction with delivered solution
- Customer satisfaction with project team
- Customer satisfaction with Swish (I.E. high CPARS rating)
- OEM satisfaction with Swish
- Profitability of project to Swish
- Adherence to and completeness of Swish's internal project execution processes and systems
- Bachelor's Degree is desired, preferably in MIS or CIS
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is desired
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies and terms
- Knowledge of MS Project, Planner and Jira are desired
- 5+ years experience managing federal government contracts with a technical focus is required
- 5+ years experience working with information technology (IT) technology solutions (cloud, software, hardware) is required
- 5+ years experience using productivity applications (Outlook, SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required
- Strong written and oral communications skills are required
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at varying levels, expertise, and roles is required
- Strong organization skills (many projects will be in progress simultaneously) are required
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills (to ensure team alignment, outcome success, and to prevent discord) are required
- Internal motivation to continuously improve the delivery process without prompting is required
Swish is a customer-centric, specialized integrator with an engineering first culture. Our core solutions are focused on IT modernization, performance engineering, and cybersecurity. Swish believes good people empowered to innovate, coupled with a continuous improvement culture and supportive leadership equals superior outcomes. To this end, Swish believes in hiring, rewarding, and retaining the most talented engineers and technologies in the industry.
Our people make Swish great. We work together on interesting projects and achieve exceptional results. We act as trusted advisors to our customers and are committed to client and industry innovation. We offer our people the chance to grow professionally with teammates they like and respect while tackling challenges that stretch their minds and expand their skill sets. We’re connected by our desire to innovate and continuously improve.
Swish’s high energy, challenging, and fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged and motivated. Work-life balance is a core priority at Swish.
Extensive online learning access
Swish is an EEO employer.