CNC Field Service Technician
MMT, LLC - Productivity, Inc is seeking talented Field Service Technicians, with industrial maintenance experience to install, troubleshoot, and repair CNC (metalworking) equipment.
Home-based in the Salt Lake City area, this position requires daily travel to customer locations (we provide a company vehicle) with about 25% overnight travel Monday-Friday. We provide company credit card for all work-related travel expenses. Must have a current valid driver's license and a good driving record.
Service Technician Responsibilities
- Travel to customer sites to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain machine tool equipment and controls for customer organizations.
- Troubleshoot hydraulics, electronics, software, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical systems.
- Diagnose & repair problems. Identify & replace parts as necessary. Test & make adjustments.
- Utilize machine tool manuals, technical documents, internal and vendor resources to research machine issues.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and product lines represented by the company.
Service Technician Requirements
- Previous experience in machinery repair or other related fields - industrial mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical aptitude and repair.
- Degree/certificate in related field helpful; Mechatronics, electrical/mechanical or electronics, Automation Technology, Automated Machinery Systems, Robotics, etc.
- Understanding of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics to effectively detect and resolve issues with electrical and mechanical components.
- Ability to read and understand measurement gauges.
- Ability & desire to work independently. Strong customer service skills.
- Valid driver’s license. Clean driving record.
- Monday – Friday. Occasional overtime. Very limited overnight travel.
- Company vehicle
- Laptop, cell phone
- Extensive on-the-job training and fully-paid, manufacturer training
- Tool Box & Appropriate Test Equipment
- Frequent and/or continuous standing; walking; climbing; bending; twisting; pushing/pulling; reaching at, below and above shoulders. Frequent driving-sitting.
- Lifting/Carrying: Frequent 1-30 pounds; Occasional 30-75 pounds; Seldom above 75 pounds