Please apply on our company website --
Job Description Summary
This role will be responsible for maintaining production equipment, site facilities and assets. This role will perform as the primary support for troubleshooting and resolving issues with complex equipment applications for production purposes.
- Perform in the preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of Mechanical / Electrical / Hydraulic / Pneumatic / Building Maintenance issues in a timely fashion
- Provide support for production and production equipment to reach optimum capabilities
- Establish a root cause analysis on any equipment failures
- Support project work and continuous improvement efforts
- Support established 5S systems and GMP compliance
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures
- Perform adjustments and/or make corrections on equipment to reach optimum capabilities
- Establish or adjust work procedures to allow production to meet schedules
- Continually expand knowledge base on maintenance practices, procedures, and technologies
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 3 years or greater experience in industrial maintenance
- Education/training or applicable experience in a skilled trade pertaining to industrial maintenance such as (Mechanical, Electrical, Fluid power, Machining, Welding, etc.).
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools, and electrical devices i.e. voltmeter, ammeter, etc.
- Ability to read and work from schematics, blueprints, diagrams and sketches
- Ability to multitask, and communicate effectively with co-workers
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations
- Demonstrated working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Customer service oriented approach
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel, squat, climb (use of ladders) for extended periods of time. This could consist of (40% standing, 20% sitting, 20% climbing, 20% kneeling/squatting/laying in non-routine positions) throughout the shift on a daily basis
- Ability to work long shifts (up to 12 hours per shift in a 24 hour period)
- Ability to perform in varying temperatures
- Ability to perform in dusty environments with use of PPE as needed
- Hand dexterity for prolonged use of hand tools
- Ability to work overtime as needed
Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation. This also supports the supervisor's role of teacher and trainer for his/her personnel.
- Cost issues in order to make daily decisions that will reduce overall costs and will help the supervisor find areas that require improvement.
- Quality standards.
- Regulatory requirements including but not limited to wage and hour requirements, environmental and waste minimization, company policies, and personnel requirements including OSHA and EEO.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License and/or other appropriate certification to work in certain areas or on certain equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The individual must possess the following:
· Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead employees’ on work assignments with effective and timely results.
· Teaching skills in order to function effectively as a teacher for personnel both in the technical and administrative parts of the position.
· Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has a high emotional control under adverse conditions.
· Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Pratt Industries is America's 5th largest paper and packaging company with more than 7,000 highly skilled green collar employees dedicated to the environment and sustainability. Pratt Industries is one of the largest corrugated packaging companies in America, with sophisticated manufacturing facilities in more than twenty states. The company operates four of the most modern, cost effective paper mills in the country, as well as a series of sheet and box plants strategically placed throughout the United States offering a wide range of creative packaging solutions. Pratt Industries is committed to recycling and the environment by harvesting the urban forest.
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Pratt Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/V/D