Located in Gardena, CA. Please apply only if within a reasonable/agreeable travel distance from you. MUST have Paralegal Certificate.
The legal department of Worldwide Sourcing Group seeks a paralegal with strong civil litigation experience.
Primary Job Duties
· Prepare, pleadings, legal forms to support attorney in responses to and propounding discovery.
· Review and route all incoming mail, including calendaring deadlines for incoming pleadings and discovery.
· Handle court filings and in some instances contact the court/administrative entities in respective matters.
· Handle internal hard copy filing and electronic filing of scanned documents.
· Responsible for maintaining attorneys’ calendars including scheduling, coordinating, and confirming court dates, appointments, and meetings.
· Responsible for corporate entity filings.
· Support case preparation by preparing pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for team case review.
Additional Job Duties
· Keep cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with attorney.
· Answer and direct phone calls.
· Monitor deadlines and juggle calendars.
· Help develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding pleadings and subpoenas.
· Type up and file basic legal documents and correspondence.
· Report/tender claims to insurance companies.
· Prepare for/appears at small claims hearings.
· Prepare documentation for EEOC, DFEH, and Labor Commissioner hearings.
· Engage in trial, deposition, mediation, and arbitration preparation.
· Previous experience as a Paralegal in either an in-house legal department or law firm.
· Familiarity with civil procedure, legal procedures and protocols, and court system.
· Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office.
· Computer literacy.
· Excellent secretarial and organizational skills.
· Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure.
· Must be able to work between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with the ability to work overtime if needed.
· College degree preferred.
· 3 years in a Paralegal role required, 4-7 years preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
· Paralegal: 3 years (Required)
· Paralegal Certificate (Required)
· One location