ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine repairs on walls, ceilings, floors, trim-work, casework, doors, and other miscellaneous finishes.
- Frames, drywalls, finishes, and paints new non-rated and fire rated wall assemblies.
- Installs temporary fire stopping and maintains current certifications.
- Performs minor electrical, plumbing, HVACR, and other general maintenance duties.
- Coordinates outside contractor support as needed or assigned to facilitate the completion of repairs and projects too large to be done in-house. Obtains appropriate approval from Leadership and properly documents transactions.
- Completes 95% + of assigned monthly PM/PE work orders on time. Documents all work performed in CMMS computer data base accounting for 90% or more of total time worked. Follows approved purchasing methods to purchase repair parts, tools, and supplies as needed to perform assigned tasks.
- Participates in and teaches assigned departmental educational programs or in-services. Attends departmental and construction meetings. Monitors assigned maintenance accountability standards.
- Creates preventive maintenance checklists for new equipment. Assigns and monitors PM performance of equipment.
- Interprets as-built building blueprints and recommends modifications for remodel projects in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Researches and selects materials for facilities systems installation, repair, and maintenance.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, Framing, Finishing and HVAC installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance.
2. Ability to prepare engineering documents, specifications and cost estimates for projects.
- Skilled in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade(s).
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
- Ability to develop HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, framing, and finishing system modification plans in the field.
- Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints and/or technical manuals.
- Documents and tracks preventive maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, building materials, and emergency maintenance.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and professional appearance.
- Working in a team environment as well as independently.
- Communicating to appropriate staff conditions of equipment, systems in a timely manner.
- Ability to provide technical expertise to fellow employees and take direction from fellow employees who have higher skill levels in that area. Team concept is a must!
- Understands and utilizes healthcare dust control protocol.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance are required. At least 10 years of trades experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
SIHF Healthcare is one of the country’s largest Community Health Centers. Our senior leadership team and Board established our organization as a nationally respected and reputable health care service provider. SIHF Healthcare’s multi-specialty provider group has over 32 locations across central and southern Illinois that is the medical home for over 120,000 individuals.