Currently seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Street-level Imaging Vehicle Driver. Operate a vehicle equipped with state of the art digital camera arrays, GPS equipment and LiDAR to rapidly image 360-degree area around the vehicle.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Receive specialized training to drive public streets and roadways in a safe and efficient manner.
- Utilize onboard computer system to capture street-level images within given project area, including public streets, highways and on/off ramps.
- Mapping often requires specific areas be driven multiple times due to poor lighting conditions, multilane roads, etc.
- Transfer electronic files between the Cloud, USB thumb drive and vehicle’s computer system.
- Maintain contact with project manager regularly via personal cell phone (texting/voice/pictures/email).
- Utilize personal phone and personal email to submit daily/weekly reports
- Get the vehicle washed and serviced as instructed.
- Interact professionally the general public and/or with security guards to access secured areas if required.
- Operate independently. Be mission-focused and get the job done.
- Operator is responsible for:
- Vehicle is operational on a daily basis and cleaned weekly inside and out
- Complete daily reports
- Send data disks via FedEx, receive shipments from FedEx
- Track expenses when needed
Schedule: All hotel and meals paid for.
- Both drivers working 3 or 4 days per week (or 24-35 hrs/wk).
- 1 will work for 3 days, then the other driver will get the car for the other 4 days, then switch the next week, and so on
Must have flexibility in schedule as the mapping requires good weather (no rain, no snow) and daylight hours.
Driver must watch weather forecasts.
- Preferred the candidate have a parking spot, preferably in a garage, where vehicle can be parked at night.
- Vehicles must park in garage at night or vehicle operator will remove camera (in its case) from vehicle every night.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Valid driver’s license and clean Department of Motor Vehicle driver’s record. Experience with commercial driving is a plus.
- Physically capable of safely lifting 70-pound camera unit onto vehicle roof mount and safely reach/access roof of vehicle to mount and unmount camera
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail to safely handle vehicle and imagery system.
- Driver must enjoy driving. Must be accessible by cell phone, this is required.
- Dependable and reliable with professional attitude and demeanor
- Computer/technology literate to use phone, email and Excel spreadsheets for basic data entry.
- Prefer local operator living in area with knowledge of local roads and traffic trends
VSN builds a bridge between veterans and employers, providing the support needed to ensure success. As a non-profit organization, we reinvest all revenues generated by the Veteran Staffing Network to provide career coaching services for veterans, wounded warriors, and military spouses.