Tyto Athene is a full-service integrator focused on helping clients to accelerate their ability to make decisions by providing ubiquitous and secure access to enterprise information throughout their operating environment. Tyto Athene uses a myriad of technologies, innovative thinking, and proven processes to deliver successful outcomes for its clients worldwide.
The Enterprise Networking and Virtual Services department is responsible for providing secure, consistent, and highly available network infrastructures and virtual services to meet Sandia National Lab’s core corporate and mission IT needs. By providing a cost optimized and universally available experience, regardless of location, Enterprise Network and Virtual Services will enable people to work with confidence in a secure computing environment.
The Enterprise Networking and Virtual Services department is seeking a motivated developer that is interested in multiple disciplines such as software development, software-defined networking, data sciences, cloud computing, machine learning and automation.
This position will have several varied and evolving roles. From software development to employing modern data science and machine learning techniques to identify big data-analytics problems. An example might be collecting, analyzing, and developing solutions for large streaming telemetry and analytics data.
- Requires bachelor's degree in relevant discipline plus two or more years of experience; or master's degree in relevant discipline plus one or more years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience (minimum of 10 years).
- Thorough understating of the SDLC
- Specifically, PHP 7.4 via php-fpm + NGINX web server
- Database experience working with and optimizing MySQL/Postgres/SQL queries and database structures
- Specifically, Laravel 7.x utilizing the Eloquent ORM with PostgreSQL adapter to database and various adapters
- Docker for containerization of both web application and backend scripts
- Experience with branching code-versioning software such as Git and common branching models used in industry
- Experience with structured software development and engineering methodologies
- Ability to implement solutions integrating SOAP / Rest API based web services
- Understanding of various IT systems such as hardware, operating systems, networking, virtualization, and other technologies
- Experience with automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to explain complex ideas clearly and concisely
- Familiarity with secure-system design principles and information assurance principles
- United States citizenship required to obtain a security clearance (No dual citizenship)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q level security clearance
- Experience in UNIX, Linux, and/or Windows OS, including file management, scripting, editing, and security
- Use a variety of programming languages, software, or tools to develop regular or ad-hoc queries from large data sets
- Ability to propose, integrate, and implement solutions in a complex development environment (e.g., establish connectivity and data sharing across various network systems)
- Ability to work on multiple projects with varying priorities
- Ability to collaborate and integrate with other system and application developers
- Familiarity with AJAX and different data structures such as JSON and XML
- Ability to research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Experience with REST API’s on network platforms (Netconf, YANG) and have used network monitoring protocols (Netflow, SNMP, etc.)
- Experience with LAN/WAN equipment, such as routers, switches, load balancers and protocol analyzers
- Experience with network communication protocols, such as TCP/IP, HTTPS, IPSec, BGP, SNMP, and other related protocols
- Traffic flow analysis, network management, network topology discovery & design, security, performance and fault tolerant architecture
- An active DOE Q, TS, L or Secret level security clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Tyto Athene is a full service integrator focused on helping clients accelerate their ability to make decisions by providing ubiquitous and secure access to enterprise information throughout their operating environment. Tyto Athene uses a myriad of technologies, innovative thinking, and proven processes to deliver successful outcomes for its clients worldwide.