ROLE SUMMARY: Supervises and coordinates activities of Foremen engaged in the installation of sheet metal systems.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, submittals and job orders as needed for project.
- Assemble procurement orders for materials, equipment and tools required at each project commencement Establish and adjust work sequences to meet construction schedule, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel Use of hand tools and portable power tools per specifications of job
- Evaluate Foreman and workers abilities and expertise to ensure the most productive job placement (Install duct, accessories and equipment at the jobsite according to blueprint specifications;
- Study schedules and estimate man-hour requirements for completion of job
- Maintain time records
- Analyze and resolve work problems May be required to work with a Sheet Metal Helper to provide instruction as to proper methods of tool handling and work product specification;
- When necessary make cost estimates for contracts
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations
- Must complete spec work for fittings, fans, dampers and air distribution
- Follow and provide directives to assigned helpers, apprentices, journeymen and foremen
- Leadership strategy that resolves conflicts via effective communication and respect for everyone
- Extreme sense of urgency and accountability to meet and beat daily project objectives
10+yrs of Sheet Metal Experience
-$5M+ project value / 20+ crew size
-Understanding BIM/coordinated shop drawings
-Installation of prefabricated/preassembled duct
-Journeyman card preferred
- Must be able to see well (either naturally or with correction
- Must be able to hear, and speak clearly with professional standard grammar;
- Must use hands, fingers, arms and legs fully; kneel, crouch and crawl; climb and balance on ladders and scaffolds; climb stairs, reach overhead, push, pull, lift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds; stoop.
Additional Company Information
This a full time position offering a BENEFITS PACKAGE that includes employee stock ownership, medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, paid time off, sick days, and 401(k).
B & I Contractors Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes a Drug Free Workplace.
How to Apply -
- Visit our website at www.bandiflorida.com
Founded in 1960 and headquartered in beautiful Fort Myers, FL. B and I Contractors, Inc. specializes in HVAC, Plumbing, Service, Electrical, Pipe-fitting and Welding, and Sheet Metal. We are an employee owned company that has earned a solid reputation for excellence. B and I Contractors, Inc. is among one of the elite Specialty Mechanical Contractor companies in Florida; capable of handling large, multifaceted projects and more.