ROLE SUMMARY: Supervise and coordinate activities of work crew engaged in the installation of sheet metal products and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate activities of assigned tradesman
- Interpret specification, blueprints, submittals and job orders as needed for area of supervision.
- Direct installation of duct and equipment at job site.
- Order material, equipment and tools as needed to maintain efficient use of labor resource.
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Establish and adjust work sequences to meet construction schedule, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel.
- Study schedules and estimate man-hour requirements for completion of job. Analyze and resolve work problems.
- Maintain time records.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Understand how to measure duct to be fabricated, work skillfully with tools, metals and machines;
- Visualize three-dimensional objects from drawings, sketches or blueprints;
- Work within precise limits and standards; perform a variety of duties which often change;
- Rate information using measurable standards. Record and monitor duct cleanliness, production, quality.
- Completion of apprenticeship program and appropriate journeyman experience. Understand the level of knowledge of team and put proper skill level on task most suitable.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with Planning Calendars
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often; rate information using measurable standards.
- Must be able to see well (either naturally or with correction)
- Must be able to hear, and speak clearly with professional standard grammar;
- Must use hands, fingers, arms and legs fully; kneel, crouch and crawl; climb and balance on ladders and scaffolds; climb stairs, reach overhead, push, pull, lift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds; stoop,
Additional Company Information
This a full time position offering a BENEFITS PACKAGE that includes employee stock ownership, medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, paid time off, sick days, and 401(k).
B & I Contractors Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes a Drug Free Workplace.
How to Apply -
- Visit our website at www.bandiflorida.com
Founded in 1960 and headquartered in beautiful Fort Myers, FL. B and I Contractors, Inc. specializes in HVAC, Plumbing, Service, Electrical, Pipe-fitting and Welding, and Sheet Metal. We are an employee owned company that has earned a solid reputation for excellence. B and I Contractors, Inc. is among one of the elite Specialty Mechanical Contractor companies in Florida; capable of handling large, multifaceted projects and more.