Our Direct Client has a Hemonc Position - HIRING ASAP fast Interviews for NYC, tell a friend too!!
Fantastic, premier training program at a top NYC Hospital System, incredible benefits package!
In addition: Our clients, top academic medical centers & multi-specialty clinics / practices are currently seeking to hire Physician Assistants for Academic Centers both Inpatient / Outpatient-Clinic roles in the Bronx and Queens NY. We have PA positions for Experienced candidates in all NY boroughs plus Westchester County locations north of NYC. Also Nursing Home roles in several Brooklyn spots.
The Physician Assistant will obtain patient histories and perform physical examinations; order and perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; formulate diagnoses, develop and implement a treatment plan. In the event that a physician is unavailable, the Physician Assistant will be authorized to treat and/or perform appropriate medical and surgical procedures.
Responsibilities can include:
· Obtain patient histories and perform physical examinations; order and perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; formulate diagnoses, develop and implement a treatment plan.
· Prescribe medications for the patient.
· Communicate effectively with members of the health care team and the patient and involved others.
· Participate in a team approach to health care, by acting as a liaison between members of the primary care team.
· Perform emergency, lifesaving procedures in the presence of life-threatening situations such as: cardiac arrest, massive hemorrhage or similar problems. Technical skills include but are not limited to, providing basic life support and advanced life support.
· In collaboration with the attending physician and other health care providers, coordinate the care of the patient.
· Perform procedures that may include insertion and removal of arterial lines, central lines, chest tubes, nasogastric tubes, Swann-Ganz catheters, intra-aortic balloons, temporary pacemaker wires, renal dialysis catheters, thoracentesis, paracentesis, arthrocentesis and lumbar puncture. In addition, perform venipuncture and arteriopuncture.
· Perform bedside procedures including venipuncture, insertion of IV catheter, arterial puncture, insertion of nasogastric tube, urethral catheterization, intradermal injection, IV etc.
· Graduate of an accredited Physician’s Assistant program.
· Valid New York State PA license.
· NCCPA certified.