Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Alexander Bell Dr. Columbia, MD 21046
Salary: $25/hr to $27/hr
Working Hours: M-F, 4pm to 2:30am
Contract Length: 6 months
- Position is responsible for repairing, maintaining and troubleshooting of warehouse machinery and equipment, including Automated Storage Retrieval System, conveying equipment and robotic palletizers.
- Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's specifications.
- May support repairs and installations for other advanced production/manufacturing equipment.
- May mentor and provide support to less experienced technicians.
- Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes more complicated repairs or adjustments as needed.
- This position requires continuous work near heat, noise, gas, and chemicals.
- The position requires frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending and kneeling.
- The position may require weekend and/or holiday work.
- 18 years or older
- Pass the drug test; Pass the background check
- Pass technical assessment addressing job-critical maintenance knowledge areas
- Experience with basic electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays).
- Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings).
- Experience with conveyers (belts, air cylinders, diverters, sensors, motor/speed controls).
- Experience with troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns (pinpointing and fixing breakdowns).
- Experience with product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs).
- Experience with schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with switches, starters, maps, relays).
- Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, etc.).