Position: QA Floor Inspector
Location: LEONIA, NJ 07605
Duration: 11 months
- Monday to Friday, 1st shift (6:00 AM – 2:30 PM)
- Monday to Friday, 2nd shift (2:00 PM – 10:30 PM)
- Monday to Friday, 3rd shift (10:00 PM – 6:30 AM)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring products are being produced in a manner that meets all current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Product Specification criteria.
- This enables improved first pass quality and adherence to cGMPs on the production floor at all times. The position is part of the Quality Unit on the plant floor and provides real time review of in-process test data and batch documentation in order to limit the need for later review or rework.
- Also, the Inspector acts as the quality expert on the production floor and will guide and advise operation associates, as needed, on cGMP’s and Good Documentation Practices (GDPs) to ensure timely release of product or reaction to issues.
- When required, conducts approval of pre-start-up activities including line/room clearance, and initial equipment checks
- When required, performs in-process testing verifications of operations data to confirm consistency in testing methodology and test data
- Consistently reviews in-process batch documentation to ensure real-time compliance to product specifications, good documentation practices, company SOP’s and cGMP’s
- Discusses errors directly with line personnel so corrections can be made if required
- Confirms reconciliation/yield data for adherence to specifications and ensures that deviation reports are generated by responsible personnel if out-of-specifications are observed
- Reviews Production logbooks for accuracy and compliance
- Provides real-time guidance to line operations personnel pertaining to compliance to cGMP’s by monitoring dress code, documentation practices, testing methods, and testing accuracy
- Collects data on FPQ and performs release of batch records as needed
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains exceptional work attendance
- Performs daily compliance Audit for responsible areas within production
- Conducts duties in compliance with safety rules, applicable SOP’s, and cGMP Guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Experience in the production process and/or environment
- Experience with production equipment functionality, Quality Assurance Systems, and computer software, i.e. AS400, Captiva and PDM
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge of MS Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to write simple correspondence and exercise basic mathematical skills
- Understanding of mathematical functions, such as mean, median, average, and standard deviation is preferred
- Physical ability to repetitively lift, stand, climb, bend, etc. within a manufacturing/warehouse/packaging environment for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must have great organizational skills
- Must be able to respond to verbal and written instructions in basic English
- Able to work overtime as the Business requires.
- Work environment may be exposed to powders, chemicals and allergens (peanuts, tree nuts, milk, dairy, eggs, wheat, gluten, soy, fish and shellfish)