Falcon IT is seeking a System Administrator to work in Fort Meade, MD. This is a full-time position supporting the Department of Defense (DOD).
***Must have an Active TS/SCI Security Clearance with Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph***
Responsible for implementing, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to JT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Five (5) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Additional Professional Certifications (per DoD 8570 or IT/IA/Cyber related)
- Software development or scripting experience
- Military service
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provides Tier l (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Aid users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge in the following areas:
- Network and Network management protocols
- Network architecture design, deployment, accreditation and operation
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Background in applied Information Technology and/or Network Security
- MA/MS in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, Cyber-security or related disciplines
- Works well in a small team environment
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously