Falcon IT is seeking a Telecommunications Technician to work in Arlington, VA. This is a full-time position supporting the Department of Defense (DOD).
***Must have a Secret Clearance to be considered for this position***
The Telecommunications Technician is responsible for providing support to the telecom infrastructure including: VoIP phone system; POTS communications, Classified and Non-Classified communications; wireless communications and personal electronic devices, cable plant infrastructure, PBX support, Voice Mail Support, and Telecommunications operation and maintenance support for a 3,800 end-user organization.
- Core Hours are 6am – 6pm weekdays and must be able to work 9 hours in this window with off-hours for project work as necessary.
- Support Avaya Telephony and VOIP Terminologies such as H.323, SIP, T1, PRI’s DS3.
- Support call Voice Engineering Initiatives for all Project-related and ongoing operations for voice communication services.
- Implements and troubleshoots Voice related solutions/incidents/system outages.
- Monitor, review, recommend, test and implement new software revision/ feature sets/ Patch evaluation and periodic system refresh.
- Provide operation and maintenance service per defined service level agreements.
- Telecom switch and voicemail programming and support.
- Support for landline telephony management.
- Remote site telecommunications service support.
- Wireless device (e.g. smartphone, satellite phone, table and hotspot) support.
- Fiber and copper cable infrastructure plant maintenance and additions/removals.
- Ensure that ARNG NCR DOIM telephony systems are functioning and maintain uptime.
- Perform troubleshooting on equipment and data circuit outages.
- Configure PBX and call manager systems to include setting up vmail.
- Assist users as required and assist with user training upon system upgrades/changes.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills:
- IAT Level II Certification (within 120 days of project start).
- Avaya phone system experience.
- Call manager voicemail system experience.
- Fiber and copper installation and support experience (termination, testing, installing).
- Minimum of two years of Telecommunications Experience.
- Working Knowledge and experience with AVAYA communications system 2.1 or greater.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Top Secret
- Enterprise Survivable Server
- Avaya Equinox
- Call Center Elite
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Communication Manager Messaging
- Call Management Server
- SIP Service
- A relevant educational degree in one of the follow fields: Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Cyber Security, Systems Engineering, Computation Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Telecommunications.