BOROUGH OF FOREST HILLS
PART TIME POLICE OFFICER POSITION
The Borough of Forest Hills is accepting applications for the position of part-time Police Officer until 2:30PM Monday, February 24, 2020. The position has a competitive wage.
Minimum requirements -
- Be of good moral character
- high school diploma or GED.
- Be a US citizen
- 21-years of age upon submission of application
- Be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a Police Officer
- Current PA drivers license
- Act 120 Certification required or have successfully completed Act 120 training and passed the final exam - eligible for Certification. Veterans' Preference: Applicant claiming Veterans' preference must submit a copy of form "DD 214" Starting Salary: $21.00/hour
- Forest Hills Borough is an equal opportunity employer.
- Each applicant must successfully pass a physical agility and written exam, scheduled for Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at 9:15 AM at the Allegheny County Police Academy, 700 West Ridge Drive (North Park) - Allison Park, PA 15101. Applicants passing the physical agility test will immediately take the written exam. Those qualifying per the Civil Service Rules and Regulations will proceed in the testing process. Applications and further information may be obtained in-person at the Forest Hills Municipal Building,4400 Greensburg Pike, Pittsburgh, PA 15221 during posted business hours.
- Diplomas, certifications, and Veterans' preference forms must be attached to completed applications and submitted to the Borough office at 4400 Greensburg Pike, Pittsburgh, PA 15221, prior to application deadline 2:30PM on Monday, February 24, 2020.
- Second year: $23.00/hour
- A non-refundable application fee of $35.00 payable to the Borough of Forest Hills upon submission of the application.