Aspire Educational Services is excited to announce openings for independent contractor positions for a full time licensed and certified Special Education Teacher.
We have several openings in a number of schools in the Philadelphia area. Immediate hire after successful interview with school personnel and we receive all background clearances and other requested documents.Special Education Teacher Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design and implementation of an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for each student assigned to the classroom.
- Responsible for assessing the functioning level of each student and for developing and implementing goals and objectives.
- Responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of the program and participating in the students’ interdisciplinary IEP team meeting.
- Maintains and utilizes adaptive/assistive equipment and devices.
- Prepares and implements daily written lessons plans.
- Maintains a positive, safe, healthy and controlled learning environment; ensures supervision of all assigned students
- Directs activities of instructional aides and assures implementation of established instructional procedures.
Special Education Teacher Minimum Requirements:
- Either a Bachelor's or Master’s degree
- Possession of a current Pennsylvania Professional Certificate in Special Education (Accepted certifications include Special Education PK-8, Special Education 7-12, Special Education PK-12, or Special Education N-12)
- Responsible for maintaining this certification and for maintaining and developing professional skills by participating in appropriate training sessions and or/courses
- Experience in developing and implementing special education programs and classroom management for students with developmental disabilities or related experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability in written and oral communication
- Proof of Insurance professional liability insurance
- CPR certification (when required)
- Child abuse clearance
- FBI and state background checks
- Act 24
- Act 168
- Any other certifications required by the state accreditation body
Special Education Teacher Benefits:
- Professional growth and stability
- Multiple job opportunities
- Immediate hire after all job requirements are met
Aspire Educational Services is committed to providing educational support to charter, private, and public schools. AES is able to fulfill staffing needs for positions including, but not limited to, school psychologists, counselors, speech therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, personal care aides, therapeutic support staff, general education teachers, and special education teachers. AES is a step above the rest due to its commitment to providing the best in customer service to both schools and independent contractors.