Western State Design, Inc. (“WSD”) is a fully owned subsidiary of EVI Industries, Inc., a publicly traded company on the NYSE, and has been in operation since 1974. WSD is recognized as the leader in providing innovative laundry solutions both domestically and internationally. WSD’s scope of operations includes laundry design, development, consulting, construction, equipment sales, managed services, and ongoing parts/service support. The company is based in Hayward, CA with operations throughout the Western US, and currently has approximately 85 employees.
The Executive Assistant will support the President, 2 Executive VPs, and the Sales Team on creation of proposals, quotations, contracts and presentations, including limited travel arrangements and calendaring. The Executive Assistant also will perform administrative and executive-level sales support for all sales associates with three (3) other team members located in our other California location in Cerritos CA. This position will support 15 sales associates throughout the western USA who perform their duties remotely. WSD contracts nationally with the Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Assistant to the President and Sales Team on creation of proposals, quotations, contracts and presentations. including limited travel arrangements and calendar
- Daily verbal word processing and close communication with the President.
- Sales Associates will submit hand-written text to be converted to Microsoft Word as a proposal or quotation.
- Prepare sales proposals, contracts, bid/technical submittals, closeout documents, subcontractor pre-qualifications. Prepare/edit drafts, formats internal and external corporate documents for team members, clients/prospects and business associates.
- Prepare sales project folders including P&L’s and executed contracts submitted by the sales associates.
- Respond to inquiries that are requesting either budget information or firm quotations for equipment. This task will require calculating list/resale/net pricing and establishing target margins collaboratively with sales associates
- Second tier phone responsibility in an overflow capacity only.
- Effective decision making and judgement required to direct phone inquiries and walk-in customers
- Communicate professionally with suppliers, vendors, consultants and contractors. Ability to assess urgency.
- Assist the President, Executive Vice President and Vice President with all administrative tasks including preparation of correspondence, proofing and editing proposals/documents, collecting and analyzing information, initiating communications with staff, clients and business associates
- Apply and maintain supplier registrations or certification for government agencies
- Requires the execution of special assignments and tasks.
- Any other duties as assigned by WSD
- 8 – 10 years Executive Assistant experience
- 5-7 years of experience with a sales, service or construction organization preferred
- Word Processing of 75 -85 wpm
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills Including Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Proven experience and ability to create and format professional multi-million-dollar sales proposals, quotations and presentations
- Strong analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain high energy, commitment, open and honest detail orientation
- Ability to work as a team member
- Prior experience with website administration, CAD and ERP Systems a plus
Founded in 1974 and based in Hayward, California, Western State Design (WSD) is one of the nation's largest distributors of commercial, industrial, and coin-operated laundry equipment, replacement parts, and related services. Our collective experience and expertise enable us to provide innovative laundry solutions to meet our clients' needs, even in the most challenging operational environments.