Our client is looking for a Service Desk Lead to join their team in Nashville! If you meet the qualifications below, please apply. We look forward to speaking with you!
Summary: Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of service-desk operations to ensure users and business teams receive the support they require. This role will be the coordinator of service and support from the initial creation of service or incident requests to successful resolution. The Helpdesk Team Lead may also assist the pre-sales process as a technical resource.
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems. Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents. Develop and mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Provides training, coaching and supervision over help desk employees. Monitors metrics from the service desk team and provides regular reports to senior management for decision-making, planning and evaluation purposes.
- Develops, implements and enforces departmental policies and procedures that ensure operations are based on best practices and are effectively performed.
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of operational documentation to include administrative paperwork, maintenance logs, knowledgebase articles, as well as policies and procedural documentation.
- Assists staff in the sales process of IT services to include conducting technology assessments both onsite and remotely as needed. Assist in the maintenance of current customer accounts by engaging in customer relationship management meetings to discover opportunities for improvement.
- Oversees implementation and onboarding of new customers as assigned once services/equipment are purchased from the client.
- Maintains vendor relationships to optimize cost savings for both client and customers and ensure appropriate support from vendors in the services they provide.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science or Management preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, and comfortable learning new technology skills. Microsoft Certifications, A+ preferred. Effective working knowledge of network component infrastructure and interaction.
- 5 years directly related experience. Excellent end user technical support and troubleshooting skills. Excellent communication skills. Strong multi-tasking, problem solving, and organization skills. Leadership role in a team environment preferred.
- Will have 4 direct reports.
This role will require ~ 10% travel