At Diamond Hill, we are committed to an intrinsic value-based investment philosophy with a long-term focus and are interested in knowledgeable, self-directed individuals with a passion for the investment management business. We seek energetic, team-oriented, versatile candidates with the desire to be part of a growing and dynamic organization. For dedicated individuals with a strong work ethic, we offer the opportunity for a career rather than just a job.
Director – National Accounts
The Director – National Accounts is responsible for developing and managing sub-advisory relationships for Diamond Hill with the goal of promoting and deepening relationships with strategic distribution partners. The job requires the ability to establish and expand relationships at a national/home office level. The National Accounts position works closely with all areas of the organization to ensure we are aligned with our partner firms and best able to promote Diamond Hill’s strategies. Flexible on location. Travel is required.
- Relationship Management
- Serve as relationship manager for all of the firm’s existing sub-advisory relationships.
- Manage the day-to-day oversight of each relationship, and develop and execute long-term strategic plans.
- Conduct and facilitate client meetings and calls.
- Understand clients’ servicing, reporting, and operational needs; collaborate with internal teams to ensure client deliverables are successfully completed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Business Development
- Develop relationships at assigned focus firms with relationship management, research, platform, marketing, sales, and other firm leaders.
- Identify opportunities with existing clients for cross-selling other Diamond Hill products.
- Investment Management
- Be an expert on Diamond Hill’s investment philosophy and process; effectively educate clients and prospects on what differentiates Diamond Hill.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of positioning, holdings, and investment results.
- Serve as a resource to clients, providing timely and relevant updates about Diamond Hill and our strategies.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records in Client Relationship Management System.
- Awareness of and compliance with all applicable industry regulations.
- Position is also responsible for understanding and complying with the firm’s human resources policies, Compliance Program policies, Information Security policies, and various other policies and procedures as applicable.
- Responsibilities for each role outlined above are subject to change, and percentage of time allocated to each may vary as position evolves.
- At least 10 years of experience in the investment management industry with 5 years in a National Accounts or Relationship Manager role.
- Knowledge of mutual funds, separate accounts and related products.
- Working knowledge of the Investment Company/Advisors Acts of 1940 and the various related issues of industry compliance preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent relationship skills.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in investments, finance, economics or related business discipline required. MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 are preferred. Licenses must be obtained within 120 days from start date.
- Investment industry designations such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA) a plus.
Diamond Hill associates enjoy a working environment that supports professional and personal growth, thereby improving associate satisfaction, the productivity of the firm, and most meaningfully, the experience of our clients.
A dedication to our intrinsic value-based investment philosophy is essential and all associates interested in making additional personal investments are required to utilize the Diamond Hill Funds in market segments where Diamond Hill manages a strategy, thereby aligning our interests with those of our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Decisions on hiring and promotion are based only upon the individual’s ability to perform the job and dependability once hired. Race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, or ancestry, military/veteran status, tenure, genetic information, or disability are not considered in decisions of employment, benefits, or advancement.