Manages and coordinates assigned functions and programs within the Engineering and Maintenance Departments to include design, investigation, inspection, and project management services and activities.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates processes in an automotive plant.
- Performs engineering work related to planning and implementing methods to improve manufacturing production.
- Examines equipment, processes, operations, and assembly to determine time or quality revisions, and suggests improvements.
- Evaluates vendor and supplier proposals for new equipment purchases.
- Oversees the development, evaluation or review of plans and criteria for a variety of activities such as downtime and change analysis and procedure development.
- Assesses feasibility of proposed plans, projects, and equipment.
- Ensures conformance of all development plans, maps, and specifications for local, state, and federal rules and regulations. FF
- Identifies opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures;
- Identifies resource needs; reviews with appropriate management staff; implements improvements.
- Evaluates internal controls and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Directs, coordinates, and reviews the work plan for assigned engineering operations and functions.
- Assigns work activities and projects; monitors work flow; reviews and evaluates work products, methods, and procedures.
- Oversees and participates in performing a broad range of design activities on a variety of projects including automated equipment, storm drainage facilities, lighting, landscaping, water production and distribution facilities, and buildings.
- Develops design procedures; prepares plans, specifications, project budget and cost estimates.
- Interprets the application of design criteria; checks plans and specifications for accuracy of design and completeness.
- Reviews proposed development projects for entitlement and infrastructure needs; makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Reviews design conformance and accuracy of plans to coordinate improvement projects with staff, project managers, contractors, utility companies and other agencies.
- Provides advice and instruction to subordinates on design standards and problems from the construction phase to completion of the project.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 5 plus years relevant experience
- Considerable experience in design, engineering and project or program management.
- Knowledge of principles, theories, and practices of engineering.
- Knowledge of regulatory codes and standards such as GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act), and NEC (National Electric Code), and NFPA (National Fire Protection Act).
- Knowledge of Distribution Control System (DCS) Programming.
- Knowledge of Electrical Engineering in order to understand system interactions, sizing of equipment, and fuses.
- Knowledge of HMI/SCADA Configuration as needed to complete required tasks and assignments.
- Knowledge of PLC software (RSlogix).
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Knowledge of Visual Basic required.
- Skill in using specialized software such as Autocad, Catia viewer, Maximo, Andersen Quality Gate, and SQL Enterprise Server.
Global Tier 1 Automotive Supplier.