The Linux Systems Administrator works as a member of the engineering operations team to ensure that services are performing and operating in accordance with defined service levels. This role has primary responsibility for operating and improving on-site and cloud solutions, as well as developing automated solutions for routine tasks. The Linux Admin will work closely with the product, data, and development teams.
· Manage and monitor all development and production systems and infrastructure
· Install, configure, and maintain operating systems, application software and system tools
· Ensure services maintain compliance with defined security standards
· Create and maintain custom scripts to increase solution efficiency and improve availability
· Troubleshoot and solve complex software, hardware, and service issues.
· Perform root causes analysis on escalation items.
· Perform peer review for solution changes, merge requests, and architecture enhancements
· Contribute to support tooling and process development.
· Interface with internal and external stakeholders.
· Participate in a weekly on-call rotation to ensure the highest levels of system availability
· Work with peers to assign, prioritize and complete daily tasks
Qualifications and Experience:
· 5+ years installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX and Windows environments
· Demonstrated experience in the administration of application stacks (e.g. Tomcat, Postfix, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL)
· 3+ years deploying and operating cloud solutions in AWS
· Experience operating virtualization and backup software (e.g. VMware, Docker, Veeam)
· Experience with automation software (e.g. Ansible, Git, Terraform, TeamCity, Jenkins)
· Experience scripting solutions (e.g. Powershell, Bash, Python)
· Experience with networking fundamentals (ACL, IPS, subnets, TCP/IP, VPNs, routing)
· Experience managing monitoring systems (e.g. PRTG, Nagios, VictorOps)
· Experience operating package management solutions (e.g. YUM, Artifactory, WSUS, SCCM)
· Hands-on experience in Incident and problem management