The Coggon Municipal Light Plant is looking for a Plant Superintendent. Experience with line work is required.
Interviews will start immediately and the position can be filled at any time.The superintendent responsibilities will include:
- The management, operation and maintenance of the Light Plant.
- The management and control of the Light Plants electrical system and generation facilities.
- To receive all Iowa One-Call notifications and locate underground electrical lines.
- Manage day to day operation of the electric utility. The superintendent will make sure that the utility is in compliance with federal, state and local regulation.
- Maintain and operate, bucket truck, digger derrik, high voltage tools and other equipment and make sure that it is maintained and in a safe operating condition.
- Maintain power lines and sub-stations and keep them in compliance and safe condition.
- Keeping the utility property and facilities maintained in a safe manner for the public and other employees.
- Maintaining and manually reading the electrical meters throughout the city of Coggon on a monthly basis.
- Receiving trouble calls during nights, weekends and holidays. Troubleshoot and make repairs to electric lines and the generation system and contact the repair crews, if required.
- Compiling and maintaining written records of the purchases, accomplishments, disposition of equipment and manpower, an up-to-date inventory list and activities contemplated by the board. The superintendent shall make monthly oral and written reports of the activities of the department to the chairperson on or before the first meeting of each month.
- Perform all other duties of a superintendent nature which are not specifically assigned to other Light Plant employees.
Pay negotiable depending on experience recblid 2xdg1y8qt5vcasciozg5w8a54z57ei