Responsible for packing, transporting and assembling equipment for on-location blood drives, and blood/blood products delivery to, and pickup from, hospitals, donor centers and mobile blood drives. Prepare units and tubes for transport. Ensure that blood/blood products are transported according to AABB standards and prescribed standard operating procedures. Ensure compliance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices and Safety Guidelines. Accurately completes all documents associated with the delivery/pick-up. Communicate effectively with internal and external customers. Report and resolve any customer concern or discrepancies. Maintain vehicle in a clean and smoke free manner. Complete daily driver log and route sheets. Completes and documents weekly vehicle inspection. Assist with the training of new drivers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Assembling (set-up) of on-location mobile blood drives. Reviews trip sheet to determine and pack adequate supplies. Loads vehicle with all designated supplies/equipment, and assures all items on checklist are placed on the truck. Under the direction of the Collections Supervisor, prepares collection site with essential equipment and supplies, assuring that supply levels are checked throughout the day for adequacy. Brings any additional supplies/equipment in from the truck as needed or requested by the Collections Supervisor. Maintains appearance of refreshment areas assuring proper levels throughout the day. Keeps aware of donor flow. Assists with donor reactions and directs donors to beds as necessary.
- Handles all Blood Bags in accordance with SOP's. Picks up completed unit and tubes from phlebotomy area, taking care to assure a manageable amount is picked up at one time to avoid breakage. Packs and stores bags and tubes for pick up per SOP directives. Assures all are ready for pick up at the designated time. Demonstrates appropriate handling of QNS units per SOP.
- Disassembling of on-location mobile blood drive. Reloads vehicle and ensures that host blood drive location is surveyed for all equipment, supplies, and waste products and assures removal of such. Delivers blood units and applicable paperwork to laboratory in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Transports blood products according to AABB standards and SOPs. Receives direction from and confirms every route stop with the dispatcher for all deliveries/pickups. Checks to ensure products are properly packed and the delivery location matches the products prior to leaving the blood center. Loads LifeSource vehicle with designated equipment as indicated on route sheet.
- Complies with vehicle safety requirements, weekly vehicle inspections and maintenance, and departmental cleanliness. Reports accidents/incidents immediately and completes required paperwork according to policy. Maintains a safe driving record. Does not eat or smoke in the vehicle according to ITxM policy. Maintains vehicle/equipment with utmost care for company assets. Observes rules of the road when driving assigned vehicle. Demonstrates care and safe operation of vehicle. Reports any issues pertaining to vehicle maintenance in a timely manner. Prepares ice bags, organizes box room and cleans transportation coolers as needed/directed.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Possesses and maintains a Valid State of Illinois "B", "D" driver's license is required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- An acceptable driving history is required.
- Valid Illinois driver's license and a safe driving record for the past 3 years is required.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Reliable and able to work independently.
- Ability to work/participate in a team environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain a positive focus in solving problems, which is observable in tone of voice, body language and conversation.
- Demonstrates teamwork through both verbal and non-verbal actions that support department projects and changes through participation.
Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.EEO/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a response.
Please see the below information about applicant rights and our commitment to compliance:EEO is the LawEEO is the Law SupplementPay Transparencye-Verify
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.