The Social Work Supervisor
ensures that clinical casework and other services provided by the social work staff meet expected standards of professionalism and that the preventive program complies with agency and Administration for Children's Services (ACS) policies and contractual commitments.Reports to:
DIRECTOR, FAMILY RECEPTION CENTERLocation:
503 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11215Hours:
35 Hours/ Week; ExemptMajor Duties:
- Work closely with another Supervisor and the Program Director in overseeing the day-to-day operation of the prevention program.
- Train, supervise, and evaluate social work staff and/or student interns around casework counseling and group work responsibilities, home visits, appropriate case documentation, and advocacy.
- Maintain supervisory case notes and staff development logs.
- Review and approve assigned workers' FASPs, case notes, PROMIS and Connections entries, and other clinical and statistical documentation.
- Implement and integrate the principles and procedures of Solution Based Casework: assessment, family and individual level outcomes, action plans and documentation and celebration.
- Facilitate case consultation and offer support and guidance to ensure staff are adhering to the tenets of SBC.
- Integrate the practices of SBC into every supervisory session.
- Participate in continued SBC training, coaching and the SBC certification process.
- Accompany workers on home visits and in occasional counseling sessions as needed.
- Evaluate individual worker's training needs and provide assistance and referrals for training.
- Conduct annual performance evaluation reviews.
- Respond to internal agency requests for data and case information, and collaborate to connect participants to other GSS programs and services as needed and appropriate.
- Serve as liaison with visiting ACS program reviewers during periodic audits.
- Coordinate intake assessment process and make case assignments.
- Participate in staff hiring including assessing and interviewing candidates when needed.
- Represent the program/agency at appropriate external and internal meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MSW required. Licensure in New York State (LMSW or LCSW) plus three years of experience in a child welfare setting preferred.
- Must have at least two years supervisory experience post Master's degree in Social Work.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish preferred; able to work at least one late evening per week (8:30 PM).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Connections and PROMIS a plus.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and youth and family development perspective.
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families each year - and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by Crain's New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help make a difference!General Requirements:
All staff are expected to be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Good Shepherd Services, which includes involvement in quality improvement activities and a willingness and ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.