We are looking for more than just an employee, we are looking for a true team member dedicated to enhancing the member experience! Come join the credit union movement and Discover Banking With Heart at NIHFCU!
Be a part of our team where commitment to members with exceptional service and banking solutions that enhances their lives is our mission. If helping people and making a difference appeals to you, this is the place for you!
At NIHFCU, one of our core values is investing in our employees, which is why we offer perks like these:
? Benefit Package for all Full time employees includes health, dental, vision, Life insurance benefits
? 401(K) and profit sharing
? Tuition Reimbursement
? Career Advancement and development
? Credit Union Membership with discounted services and products
Responsible for: Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, performs a broad range of activities to include excellent service to the Members, Referring and Cross-selling Credit Union services, accurately balancing each day's transactions, verifies cash and general ledger totals in the Teller Operations Center using the interactive technology machines. Provide a variety of Member service functions such as processing savings accounts, checking accounts, loan transactions and cashing checks. Assists with balancing the branch's daily activities and totals.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently adhere to Operational Procedures, Controls, and Services Levels consistent with NIHFCU standards.
- Represents the Credit Union to the Members in a courteous and professional manner and provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Ability to demonstrate quality member service through interactive technology machines with Members and peers.
- Attend required training and take initiative to maintain and develop needed knowledge and skills required to maintain effective performance.
- Remains calm during challenging member interactions and escalate such situations as appropriate.
- Complete required Compliance and assigned online training courses within specified periods.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge of computer software as it relates to job functions and/or necessary use. Ability to function with the interactive technology of an ITM. Is proficient with the use of standard office equipment including but not limited to PC, fax, copier, telephone, etc.
- The ability to be bonded.
- Responsible for ensuring the Remote Tellers are adhering to the Service Level Agreements set forth by the credit union.
- Responsible for the coaching and development of the Remote Tellers.
- Responsible for the performance review of the Remote Tellers.
- Responsible for the performance management of the Remote tellers.
- Responsible for Managing the Online Account Opening processes
- Responsible for creating and updating Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for overseeing the Teller Operations Center with a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
Sales, Service and Referrals:
- Ability to explain various benefits and features of Credit Union products and services with the intent to refer and cross-sell.
- Meet established Sales, Service and Referral Goals and other initiatives as assigned.
Operational Effectiveness & Transaction Processing:
- Accurately process monetary transactions, etc. upon verification of identification, signatures and Member account status and accurately enter transactions into the Credit Union records via the on-line teller terminal.
- Review negotiable items with attention to detail to ensure negotiability.
- Ability to accurately operate and balance a Teller Drawer within specified times.
- Completes high quality work, which is free of errors, thorough, neat and with good attention to detail.
- Achieve Productivity Goals (transactions per hour) per month.
- Alert to Counterfeit Items, Red Flags (Identity Theft Prevention), Forgery (Checks, Money Orders, Travelers Cheques, etc.)
- Assists with balancing and auditing branch functions to include ATM, CDM/TCD and negotiable items.
- Demonstrate a professional image when representing NIHFCU (grooming, clothing, tone of voice, mannerism, etc.).
- Maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all equipment functions/operations and applicable software in the branch.
- Ensure that work practices comply with established NIHFCU policy, procedure, and standards.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all Member personal and financial information. Access Member or Employee personal and financial information only as required by the job.
- Cover/Float to other branches and/or work extended hours to include Saturdays as determined by Management
- Perform other related work as assigned and initiative using available resources to achieve established goals.
- May be transferred to other Branches and Branch Departments as assigned by Management.
- Report to the position Supervisor, Risk Management, the VP of Human Resources or to the complaint vendor any actual or suspected fraud or financial dishonesty or wrongdoing involving Member transactions, Employees, or NIHFCU.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent (GED), with minimum 12-months Teller or retail cash handling experience. Minimum three-year Supervisory experience in a financial/branch environment with previous teller or customer service experience. Minimum one-year experience in lending function involving loan processing and origination preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Word. Ability to sell products and services and make referrals. Knowledge of Credit Union principles and practices preferred.
Excellent verbal communication skills.
REQUIRED COMPLIANCE COURSES
Ensure that work results and processes comply with relevant laws and with established NIHFCU policies, procedures, and practices, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
Attend all required training or complete and pass all online required training courses as applicable.
NIHFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.