Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital
4401 Garth Rd
Baytown, TX 77521 Category:
Leadership ManagementJob Type:
Full-Time Posted Date:
May 8, 2019 Work Shift:
M - F
This position is responsible for ensuring that all Hospital Supply Chain needs are met in compliance with Houston Methodist system policies and procedures and within industry standards. Ensures the highest level of customer service to hospital leadership and staff in support of hospital operations.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 20 %
1. Develops department goals and objectives in support of hospital. Manages personnel and other resources to ensure goals and objectives are met. EF
2. Provides leadership and guidance to staff, ensures staff is fully trained.EF
3. Participates in Hospital leadership meetings
4. Resolves conflicts constructively and professionally. EF
SERVICE - 15 %
1. Meets with customer base to ensure the highest level of customer service. Develops plans to continually upgrade service level. EF
QUALITY/SAFETY - 25 %
2. Reviews, analyzes and recommends changes/enhancements to programs, processes, and policies to increase efficiency and effectiveness of Supply Chain Management within the Hospital. Implements approved recommendations and ensures compliance with all associated policies and standing operational procedures and regulations. EF
3. Manages product evaluations and implementations
4. Serves as Facility Administrator for RASMAS, Staples, etc. EF
5. Provides guidance, support, and education to departments that maintain official inventory outside of Supply Chain. EF
6. Identifies inventory performance standards and ensures those standards are maintained in order to support departmental par levels. EF
FINANCE - 20 %
1. Develops annual department budget and manages resources within budget guidelines. EF
2. Serves as Hospital representative in all Supply Chain issues.
3. Provides oversight and guidance to staff in management and execution of the patient supply charge system to include obtaining PMM and CDM numbers. Ensures charges are entered in a timely fashion based on established standards. EF
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20 %
1. Serves as a member of appropriate committees representing Hospital and Supply Chain.
2. Serves as a liason between TMH and Information Technology to insure that the purchasing and inventory system software and hardware requirements are being met. EF
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor's Degree; Advanced Degree preferred.
External candidates muust have at least three (3) years of management experience in a Hospital Supply Chain setting.
Internal candidates must have 5 years progressively responsible staff experience in applicable field, at least 2 of which must have been in a supervisor/ manager/ director role.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
CRMP certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required..
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This257 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties.
At Houston Methodist, we take our responsibility as the region’s premier health care system seriously.
With a national reputation for excellence in patient care, education and research, we hold ourselves — and the careers we build — to a higher standard. We invite you to find your place among the best of the best, and to stand with us in earning the trust of millions of people across the Houston Metro area every day.
Houston Methodist is comprised of a nationally recognized academic medical center and six community hospitals with a history of health care innovation. For the tenth straight year we have been named to FORTUNE’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” and have also been ranked the no.1 hospital in Texas by U.S. News & World Report.
Discover the difference for yourself and join Houston Methodist.