The candidate will serve as a System Operator supporting Service Desk functions providing user support with installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting support for existing IT related equipment including(but not limited to) Desktops, Printers, Peripherals, cabling, etc.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Troubleshoot hardware and software problems related to desktop computers, Print servers, scanners, printers, PDAs (Blackberries/IPhones, IPads, Android), and peripherals (zip drives, external zips, scanners, etc.).
* Knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and knowledge of applications, System Management Software, Microsoft’s Active Directory (AD) as related to integration of desktop systems into AD, and all aspects of Windows security to include any subsequent software releases/upgrades.
* Ability to provide hardware maintenance such as board replacement, cable switching, communications assistance, and hardware installation and replacement.
* Knowledge of DISA Incident Ticket Tracking systems for inputting incident tickets and creating work orders.
* Demonstrated knowledge and accomplishment in analyzing, diagnosing and recommending solutions for hardware and software problems.
* Ability to troubleshoot Microsoft products including, but not limited to, Windows, Office; including all aspects of Windows security and Microsoft desktop products
* Provide diagnostic assistance at all levels to users of automation to determine the cause and resolution of problems encountered in the use of hardware and software.
* Provide support for all IT equipment, to include network servers, PCs, printers, scanners, portable computers, switches, routers, and other miscellaneous IT equipment.
* Test and install computer hardware and software applications and ensure software applications meet end user requirements.
* Plan and coordinate the removal, movement, and/or installation of computer hardware and software.
* Provide support for CAC (Common Access Card) deployment. Install smart card readers, middleware, and PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) Certificates.
Required Education & Experience
* Bachelor’s degree in a scientific/technical discipline
* 2-4 years direct experience
* DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+ certification) - Required
* Possess commercial certification in server, system, desktop - desired
* Secret with an SSBI or the ability to obtain a Top Secret
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
• Travel in an around local area – including STL metro
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf