PLC Sacred Heart Home Location Address:
515 North Main, Avilla, IN 46710-9410 United States (US)Daily Hours:
PRN / Registry Employment Type:
The Licensed Professional Nurse (LPN) - Senior Services practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience the nursing process and leadership skills. Coordinates family involvement in the treatment, continuing care of the patient, and ensures completion of patient care tasks by appropriate caregivers. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observes patients for color and condition of skin, response to medications, treatments, diet, symptoms of infection or communicable diseases, unusual symptoms, adverse reactions, emesis, drainage, and discharges, bleeding, etc. Observes patients psycho-social interaction.
- Draws blood; inserts nasogastric tubes (including radiopague and stylet); hangs IV solutions; attaches IV piggy back solutions after training and competency testing.
- Provides direct patient care including: assisting CNAs when needed, answering call lights, checking charts, administering medications; performing treatments, repositioning patients, giving range of motion exercises, etc.; taking vital signs; changing dressings; inserting and checking catheters, measuring output; reinserting gastric tubes; irrigating colostomies; giving enemas; administering insulin; setting up oxygen and checking oxygen delivery; and checking bed rails and restraints, and assisting with feeding.
- Receives and transcribes orders. Initiates and keeps care plans up-to-date.
- Attends report, receives assignments, and provides nursing care as assigned; Consults with and keeps supervisor informed of activities, needs, and problems with regard to assigned patients.
Education and/or Experience
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- Experience in a long term care or acute hospital setting preferred.
- Licensed Practical Nurse with current Indiana License and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Application submittal is acknowledgement that pre-employment screening will be conducted on all potential hires post-offer. Applicants are entitled to a copy of the background check report and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. If the applicant is covered by the Indiana Health Care Worker Background Check Act, and the applicant's record indicates a conviction, he or she may request a waiver from the Indiana Department of Public Health. Job Segment:
LPN, Nursing, Patient Care, Public Health, Nutrition, Healthcare