Senior Product Design Manager (UX/UI)
We are looking for a talented Senior Product Design Manager with a diverse portfolio demonstrating mastery of craft and a track record of results: the design of engaging experiences that created positive outcomes for both the customer and the business. Your demonstrated skill set must span all areas of design: analysis of user needs, the architecture of layouts, flows and interactions, and detailed aesthetics for both written and visual content. You should shown ability to work directly with Product Managers and Engineers to prioritize, specify, and deliver user experiences. You have lead, coached and developed diverse teams of designers, researches and copywriters for at least two years and guided them to successful work in a collaborative and challenging environment.
What You'll Do
Who We Are: As a member of Wayfair Design, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. We are looking for a design practitioner who can help us take our experience to the next level, bringing deep expertise in UX design and a strategic mindset for how to scale and differentiate a market-leading e-commerce experience. You should be versed in research methodology and current with design trends.
What You'll Need
- Produce design deliverables utilizing the Sketch app
- Be extremely familiar with user experience design, product management, engineering, and agile development environments and be able to turn complex use cases into intuitive and shippable product experiences
- Oversee, plan, and scope UX team projects (rather than executing each project)
- Develop and own a design process that enables efficiency/speed and ensures a positive and ever-improving user experience and team culture
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills. Be a thought leader who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product practitioner who can meticulously work alongside his/her teams with domain knowledge and design prowess
- Establish design acceptance criteria for the product, and ensure that the implementation meets design standards.
- Play a leadership role in resolving unclear direction or unknown variables
- The ability to engage in strategy discussions. Weigh tradeoffs between business, technical, and customer contexts.
- Mentoring of designers with less experience to improve their skillset.
- Manage the development of team members through dedicated mentorship, or less formal coaching and advice.
- Recognize the staffing needs of the team, and the ability to recruit and hire new talent.
- Management and oversight of multiple smaller teams. This includes determining out how a teams will realize a strategy.
- Craft intuitive and shippable product experiences, leveraging Wayfair UX design standards and industry best practices.
- Produce design deliverables utilizing the Sketch app, Invision and/or other prototyping tools:
- Detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, etc.
- Wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations
- Detailed visuals / mockups
- Lead cross-functional design reviews for all necessary deliverables
- Evaluate competitor and industry websites to provide a meaningful analysis of the findings
- Prioritize, plan and help conduct user research, including the following techniques: user interviews, usability testing, task analysis, contextual inquiry, card sorting
- A proven track record of Product Design experience for consumers and consumer brands, - e-commerce a huge plus
- Experience growing, developing, and leading teams
- Communication and presentation skills. The ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it
- Facilitation and listening skills. The ability to maintain undivided attention and appreciate interpersonal differences. An openness to opinions that challenge beliefs, and be a willingness to evolve based on new information.
- The ability to offer a vision that encourages people to follow, and encourages others to take part.
- Self-motivation to drive forward projects that will improve our user’s experience
- Expert proficiency in Sketch, Invision, and other design tools.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Hands-on skills a plus.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
And Finally, Our Offer to You!
- Limitless career opportunities in a fast-growing technology & retail powerhouse
- Extensive training & development including world-class mentoring
- A highly competitive salary package, including tradable shares in our public company
- Regular opportunity to travel to and interact with peers at our Boston office
- Sponsored gym memberships
- Sponsored lunch (Smunch)
- Monthly team building outings
- Participation in conferences & meetups we organize and sponsor
Interested in learning more about Wayfair’s Product Design team? Check out our Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design