Who We Are
At Wayfair, we are solving complex business problems with technology to serve our millions of customers, to sell and deliver a catalog of millions of products, and to continue growing at a rapid pace. Building on our profitability in North America, Europe is a major focus for growth at Wayfair with its unique market challenges and opportunities.
We're looking for a passionate full-stack engineer who loves to solve complex problems, learns fast, shares knowledge, and balances generating business value with reducing technical debt.
Our growing cross-functional engineering teams extend the e-commerce platform with a focus on efficiency and scalability, impacting the business in real-time.
You will be working on our supply chain, inventory management, product catalog, order management or customer-facing applications creating superior experiences that exceed customer expectations.
What You'll Do
- Build web-based, PHP-centric applications that are robust, scalable, and user-friendly
- Solve a wide range of challenging business problems, in turn extending the competitive advantage that separates Wayfair from other online retailers
- Work on a diverse group of systems that covers everything in the web stack – frontend tools, batch and event-driven processing
- Work with several large and complex SQL databases and queries
- Develop algorithms to streamline backend business workflows
- Contribute to architectural and code review discussions that impact our engineering ecosystem
What you'll Need
- Several years of object-oriented web development experience - ideally using PHP or the desire to learn PHP
- Experience working with relational database management systems
- Experience and/or the desire to work in an agile environment
- Interest in being challenged in a fast-paced environment while having fun
- Analytical and creative mindset, with a passion for solving business problems with technology
- Ability to quickly translate business requirements into working features
- Proficient oral and written communications skills and ability to collaborate with other engineering teams
We look forward to receiving your application, ideally including code samples (e.g. on GitHub).
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary, yearly bonus, and an attractive equity package
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops, and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership, not only in the Berlin office but also with Boston, London, and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development
- Regular company-sponsored social events to connect with your team and fellow colleagues
- An office location in the heart of the Berlin startup scene, with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork