Talent Engagement Relations Manager
Wayfair is dedicated to creating a workplace where employees feel valued, heard, and motivated to come to work each day! This enables us to recruit and retain the best team members and consistently delight our customers by bringing to them the best experience and service from inception to delivery of product.
The Talent Engagement and Relations team is responsible for developing and implementing the field site employee engagement process, engagement action planning, and managerial skills training. In addition, the team supports Talent Management and Field Operations in day-to-day employee relations matters. Our goal is to hire someone who can engage with our workforce in all geographies to help build on our momentum of creating the best atmosphere and culture for our people.
What You’ll Do
- Provide strategic support to field operators and talent managers on employee relations issues.
- Ensure that the company maintains an engaged workforce by coaching and training field leadership on managerial skills and employee relations.
- Develop strong relationships with partners across multiple functions, including field and corporate operations.
- Work with Assistant Director to develop, improve, and grow the site engagement assessment process.
- Assess site vulnerability and conduct front-line employee focus groups on a regular cadence
- Partner with operations and talent management to design and implement action plans to address engagement opportunities.
- Provide support on investigations into workplace issues, performance issues, and employee misconduct driving consistency and efficiency across the organization
What You’ll Need
- Demonstrable strength in areas of interpersonal communication, group presentations, training, and building cross-functional relationships
- Passion for employee engagement and supporting others in developing their own skill sets in this area.
- Ability to think both creatively and critically - demonstrating you’re willing to think outside the box, while also fairly evaluating all solutions in making strategic decisions
- Strong writing skills - you have the ability to convey facts, ideas, feedback, and conclusions in a concise and analytical manner
- Experience with managing a team preferred.
- A sense of adventure and ability to travel regularly - you will have the opportunity to travel between 40-50% and incorporate Wayfair’s core values and culture into our fast-growing field operation!
- Due to the travel schedule in this role, the ideal candidate will be located in any major metropolitan area.
- Experience in employee relations, human resources, and/or training preferred.
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and credibility with a wide range of business partners and front-line employees.
- Experience developing strategy for and responding to organizing activity preferred but not necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.