Job Summary: GLOBAL FOUNDRIES
Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated Process Engineer to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York.
The Etch Process Engineer position reports directly to a functional area module manager in Fab 8 in Malta NY. The primary responsibilities of this position are to sustain manufacturing production line, do troubleshooting for process and tool issues, do daily SPC monitoring and response to SPC and CFM failure, and develop and/or optimize unit processes in order to meet process and device performance requirements for 14nm technology node and beyond. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to assist in tooling start-up, installing the processes into manufacturing, and owning the processes and the tools in manufacturing. Specific Responsibilities:
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Sustain production line, daily SPC monitoring, Cpk improvement, and troubleshooting for process and tool issues.
- Tool setup, qualification and tool matching.
- Improve process robustness for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, DOE techniques, data driven decision making and systematic problem solving skills. Use lean manufacturing and six sigma processes.
- Designing, executing, and analyzing experiments to develop advanced BEOL etch processes to meet technology (e.g. performance, yield, and reliability) and manufacturing (e.g. process stability, cost of ownership) targets.
- Related manufacturing and development experience is requested.
- Support Integration team and Quality organization to ensure technology meet the qualification and reliability requirements.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- BS degree or MS degree in Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline is required
- Minimum 0-2 years of semiconductor process engineering experience in the process area is desired; experience in advanced technology (28nm or beyond) is strongly preferred.
- Master's Degree or PhD in Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with different cultures.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.