Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma.?Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective?therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. ?Power your future & join our bold team.
Coordinates with Engineering and Operations to build, test, and document electromechanical medical devices and manufacturing test fixtures and proactively maintains production equipment to keep it running smoothly. Helps train and guide other technicians to perform the necessary job functions.
?Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Work with Development and Operations Engineering to bring new products from prototype into volume production.
- Build, test, and document manufacturing and test fixtures.? Also contribute to the design of manufacturing and test fixtures.
- Work with R&D and Operations Engineering to write and/or modify work instructions for manufacturing test and assembly processes for NPIs and product improvements
- Perform testing to protocols, recording equipment used and results achieved in verification test reports.?
- Devise, document, and maintain calibration and preventive maintenance processes for manufacturing and test fixtures.
- Troubleshoot electromechanical devices and determine root causes.? Write investigation reports and rework instructions.
- Set-up and perform ad-hoc engineering tests under the guidance of Operations Engineering.
- Suggest ways to improve line efficiency and reduce cost, and assist in bringing other suggested improvements to the line.
- Experience working in a medical device R&D, NPI, or manufacturing environment.
Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA?s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which Allergan complies.
The following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
- Experience using electrical test equipment such as DMMs and oscilloscopes.
- At least three years experience working as a technician on the production line or in an R&D lab.
- Ability to read schematics and engineering drawings is highly desired.
- Good communications skills.
- Proficiency with MS-Office software including MS Word and Excel.?
- 8 years of electro-mechanical experience.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ?
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; up to 8 hours per day.? The employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. ?
Associate?s Degree in Electronics or Mechanical Technician Degree or equivalent education or experience.