The candidates must have at least 5 years’ experience as a supervisor, complete knowledge of utilities; water mains, sewer mains & all types of storm sewer systems. Experience and/or a working knowledge of construction layout and the ability to calculate field quantities. Candidates should also have the ability to forecast man power, material ordering & equipment needs for several weeks in advance.
Experience and efficiency in earth moving operations for complete site development.
Salary and benefits shall be compensated based on experience. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jersen Construction Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Responsibilities of Earthwork Superintendent
• Lead and manage subcontractors and employees
• Manage multiple job sites
• Schedule all labor, materials and inspections
• Ensure schedule and budget are met
• Follow OSHA guidelines
• QC program administration
• Coordinate schedules, manpower & equipment
• On-site assessments, oversee work, inspect and measure completed work
• Communicate job to and with the crew and assign tasks
• Responsible for subcontractor and vendor payments
• Ensure crew follows site safety and compliance with company/project policies and procedures
• Complete necessary documentation or reports
• Deliver high quality product – on time and on budget
• Oversee all phases of project from initial planning to completion
John R. Jersen, founder and Professional Engineer, graduated from RPI in Troy, NY with a degree in Civil Engineering and a Masters in Management. In 1983, he left the presidency of a large area contractor and founded Jersen Industries.
Working mostly in the private sector serving companies such as General Electric, BASF, Cargill and Niagara Mohawk, to name a few, Jersen quickly developed a reputation for quality workmanship, and its ability to complete jobs on schedule and within budget.
With a customer first approach, coupled with Jersen’s integrity and ingenuity, the company began to grow along with our valued client base.
With a core group of key employees, Jersen continued a controlled growth and unlike much of its competition, performed a majority of the work in-house with a special focus on heavy concrete foundations & infrastructure. Today the business is owned and run by his two sons, Ken and Dave.